Mini Suite on Crown Princess?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:12 AM.
155 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
What can you tell me about the ship and this stateroom? Any pictures? We've never cruised before and are considering booking it for March 09 for the Eastern Caribbean.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
Disney Magic Western June 2009
RCL Freedom of the Seas Eastern June 2011
NCL Getaway Eastern July 2014

Next Cruise:
RCL Liberty of the Seas Western
central PA
235 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
You will get lots of answers here for your Princess questions, trust me! I did reply to you on the other board for 1st timers, too.
I've found that webshots has tons and lots of pics for what you want to look up. If you just put mini suite in the search, or even princess mini, you'll find lots of them! Can even type in crown Princess and will find a lot, too.
Then again, the Crown is the only ship I have done my 'homework' on.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
155 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by bwjm
You will get lots of answers here for your Princess questions, trust me! I did reply to you on the other board for 1st timers, too.
I've found that webshots has tons and lots of pics for what you want to look up. If you just put mini suite in the search, or even princess mini, you'll find lots of them! Can even type in crown Princess and will find a lot, too.
Then again, the Crown is the only ship I have done my 'homework' on.
Thanks for your other reply too. I responded there.

How does the personal choice dining work? Is it similar to NCL?

What type activities/shows does Crown Princess offer? Anyone know if they will show the NCAA men's basketball tourney on the big screen? We both love basketball!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:

Next Cruise:
Texas
10,852 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Also, the mini suites on the Dolphin deck have their balconies totally exposed to the elements. The mini suites on the Emerald deck are completely covered.

The Dolphin deck is on the bottom

155 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Thanks for the pictures. I'm a bit confused. So the Dolphin is bottom and open. It looks like the Emerald above is partially open too. Am I just seeing this wrong? I presume the covered would be better?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:

Next Cruise:
Kailua,Hi 96734
1,499 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by triplefigs
Thanks for the pictures. I'm a bit confused. So the Dolphin is bottom and open. It looks like the Emerald above is partially open too. Am I just seeing this wrong? I presume the covered would be better?
From left to right in the photo, dolphin deck (minisuite total uncovered) caribe deck (regular balcony cabin)1/2 uncovered 1/2 covered.
The Emerald deck mini Suites (totally covered) are not in the photo and are only at the rear portion of the Emerald deck.
Hope this helps!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bev
155 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by BLS
From left to right in the photo, dolphin deck (minisuite total uncovered) caribe deck (regular balcony cabin)1/2 uncovered 1/2 covered.
The Emerald deck mini Suites (totally covered) are not in the photo and are only at the rear portion of the Emerald deck.
Hope this helps!
That does. Would you suggest Emerald since it's covered? Are those the only covered balconies on the Crown for mini suites?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:

Next Cruise:
1,188 Posts
Joined May 2006
We will be on the Grand this fall. Emerald, mini. We were told to grab the last mini on either side as the "balcony" has a wrap around and is larger. You can also see the wake. So I took everyone's advise and booked the last one starboard. Over the lounge but told noise not that big a deal. I'll take the extra size balcony over alittle noise.

Wonder is Crown layout is the same?
Kailua,Hi 96734
1,499 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Crown is slightly different from the Grand.
For a covered balcony (mini suite) Grab an Emerald deck one. No one can look down on you and you can look directly down to the water.
It's our favorite deck!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bev
155 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by BLS
Crown is slightly different from the Grand.
For a covered balcony (mini suite) Grab an Emerald deck one. No one can look down on you and you can look directly down to the water.
It's our favorite deck!
Do you feel the movement a ton back of the ship?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:

Next Cruise:
YYZ
5,885 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
triplefigs, do I know you from the DIS?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Golden, Star & Caribbean Princess, Disney Wonder & Magic, Crystal Serenity, NCL Sun, Carnival Festivale & Jubilee, Home Lines Homeric, Thomson Cruises Topaz, Epirotiki Atlas & Oceanos --->

.... . .
155 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by Casshew
triplefigs, do I know you from the DIS?
Yes, that's my "First" home. DH is NOT happy I'm now happily posting on another travel board!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:

Next Cruise:
YYZ
5,885 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
LOL.. cruising can be as addicting as Disney, hubby better get used to it.

Welcome to Princess forum, the Crown is a gorgeous ship. Mini suites are the way to go or if you can swing it, look at the Family Suite XS which is a mini suite with an inside attached that share a large sitting area and extra long balcony

Cass
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Golden, Star & Caribbean Princess, Disney Wonder & Magic, Crystal Serenity, NCL Sun, Carnival Festivale & Jubilee, Home Lines Homeric, Thomson Cruises Topaz, Epirotiki Atlas & Oceanos --->

.... . .
155 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
LOL.. cruising can be as addicting as Disney, hubby better get used to it.

Welcome to Princess forum, the Crown is a gorgeous ship. Mini suites are the way to go or if you can swing it, look at the Family Suite XS which is a mini suite with an inside attached that share a large sitting area and extra long balcony

Cass
Thanks for the info, Cass. And am I right that your better half is Rob? If so, I love reading your reports, especially the food and ice cream!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:

Next Cruise:
YYZ
5,885 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Hi again, no that is another Cass - I think her site is cassworld.com and she posts on the DIS.

I do have DIS trip reports - but no Rob and not much ice cream! (I'm diabetic)

Have fun planning your cruise
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

.... . .
155 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Hi again, no that is another Cass - I think her site is cassworld.com and she posts on the DIS.

I do have DIS trip reports - but no Rob and not much ice cream! (I'm diabetic)

Have fun planning your cruise
Did you post on my DS' thread? I know I recognize you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:

Next Cruise:
YYZ
5,885 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Probably, but I am one of the 'banned' now!!! I was Cass and >>^..^<<
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

.... . .
155 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Probably, but I am one of the 'banned' now!!! I was Cass and >>^..^<<
AAAH! I do know who you are! We miss all y'all and think it was so silly.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:

Next Cruise:
Kailua,Hi 96734
1,499 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Have been on the Emerald Deck for our last 4 cruises, and the movement has not troubled us at all. You will feel some, but nothing that even kepp me awake--or for that matter woke me up.
It's a wonderful quite location!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bev