Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old September 16th, 2004, 09:51 AM
5,000+ Club

Exclamation Just got off the phone with RCI

I was "shopping" around on the RCI site, requesting rates on the Enchantment for July 2005. When the available Jr. Suites popped up, one of them was 8092, which is not on the deck plan for deck 8 on the site, nor is it in the current brochure.

I called RCI and it was confirmed that 8092 was no where to be found. The rep called someone else and it was "guessed" that since they're cutting the ship in half, perhaps 8092 would be mid-ship on the side, but it was a wild guess. They really have no idea because the people answering the phones do not have updated info. It was also guessed that 8092 could be at the aft, because it's a high number.

I informed the RCI person that they will probably get many calls questioning the same. I was told that if you book the "new" numbers, you have no idea where the cabin would be and they can only guess.

Doesn't sound like very good customer service to me. If I didn't care where the stateroom was, I'd just book a guarantee, right? They want us to book the rooms, but they don't know where they are?

I'm glad I've already booked, but would've possibly changed if the deck plans were updated or if the RCI people knew the locations. Oh well...

Last edited by madelinerose; September 16th, 2004 at 09:58 AM.

Old September 16th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

My guess is that they may be re-assigning new numbers to all the staterooms. If that is the case, then 8092 may well be in the aft.

Perhaps someone that has been on the other stretched ships would know if the numbers are re-assigned.

Old September 16th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

You are assuming that many customers have the same interest in the cabin they book as we select few do on this site. I imagine most simply book a cabin of a certain class, or at a certain price point, and simply take what their TA gives them. In this case, someone will get that cabin and have no idea where it is, or the fact that it doesnt yet exist. Or it could simply be assigned as part of a guarantee.

Old September 16th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

I Am Booked On Mariner For 8392 And That Is An Aft Cabin So Maybe That Is As Well, Good Luck
voyager jan 01
nordic empress jan 99

Old September 16th, 2004, 04:44 PM
40,000+ Club

madelinerose:

I am in the exact same position and state of mind as you are. I KNOW how unreliable Customer Service Reps at RCI can be, so I e-mailed the Crown & Anchor people, since I have found them to be much more responsive and helpful. Here's the response I got:

"RE: Enchantment

Dear Ms. Carmichael,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any inconvenience. At this time we do not have any new information on deck plans for the Enchantment after her refurbishment. Please keep an eye on our website they will post pictures once they are available.

Ms. Carmichael, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon. Get out there (sm)."

By the way, my name is NOT Carmichael . They botched that, too.

Carol

I have cruised on:

Princess: Crown Princess, Sapphire Princess
Celebrity: Summit
Royal Caribbean: Allure, Oasis, Independence, Liberty, Freedom, Mariner, Navigator, Explorer, Voyager, Jewel, Serenade, Enchantment, Grandeur, Majesty, Monarch, Sovereign

Ad Sponsored By
Old September 16th, 2004, 04:45 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdl2000
I Am Booked On Mariner For 8392 And That Is An Aft Cabin So Maybe That Is As Well, Good Luck
awdl2000: Mariner and Enchantment = TOTALLY different ships.

Carol

Old September 16th, 2004, 08:59 PM
5,000+ Club

MerionMom (btw...I have friends that live in Bala Cynwyd/Merion Station)...the online agency I booked with contacted RCI today and they were given the same info. RCI also told them that the new deck plans will become public in a few weeks.

That's as explicit as RCI got. I did, however, call RCI again and was told that if I booked 8084, which I did and got a free 2 category upgrade , that's the cabin I will have. I was booking a Jr. Suite and this bonus/upgrade popped up, so I grabbed it - 2 bdrms/2ba for the price of a JS - YAY!

I worked for a major communications company for many, many years, and, if you didn't know an answer, you would find one, not just say "I have no idea!" and drop it at that!

Old September 16th, 2004, 11:03 PM
40,000+ Club

Karen - Hey,e-mail me the names of your friends - I probably know them! (and it would be nice to exchange other info, too that is otherwise forbidden)

Carol AUC753/at/aoHELL/dot/com

Old September 17th, 2004, 10:37 AM
5,000+ Club

Hi Merion...

Please don't think I'm being unsociable, but, I don't feel comfortable giving out my friends' names. I'm not sure they would appreciate it. Sorry...

Old September 17th, 2004, 10:39 AM
5,000+ Club

cmason...You're absolutely correct! Sometimes, I forget that we are only about 1% of the cruise population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmason
You are assuming that many customers have the same interest in the cabin they book as we select few do on this site. I imagine most simply book a cabin of a certain class, or at a certain price point, and simply take what their TA gives them. In this case, someone will get that cabin and have no idea where it is, or the fact that it doesnt yet exist. Or it could simply be assigned as part of a guarantee.

Old September 17th, 2004, 08:49 PM
40,000+ Club

Karen, I guess that I was too subtle in trying to avoid the steely gaze and *p--f* button of the moderators............e-mail about your BOOKING EXPERIENCE.

Carol

Old September 17th, 2004, 08:53 PM
5,000+ Club

Hi....I spoke with the TA who advised me that if I booked 8084 on the Enchantment, that's where we'll be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion_Mom
Karen, I guess that I was too subtle in trying to avoid the steely gaze and *p--f* button of the moderators............e-mail about your BOOKING EXPERIENCE.

Carol

Old September 17th, 2004, 09:15 PM
40,000+ Club

Karen: WHO????????????????????????????? (you're not allowed to post this.)

Carol