Majesty of the Seas Review

muzicgal

We just got home from Florida, just in time to miss Jeanne. Here is a short review of our 9/17 3 night cruise:

Embarkation: This was a breeze. We got to the ship around 1:00 and were in our room by 1:20.

Ports: Because of the hurricane we went to Nassau Sat. instead of Sun. They also extended the time of departure to midnight instead of 5:00. We just went on shore and shopped then went back to the ship and took a 2 1/2 hour nap!! My brothers went on the 4 hour catamaran snorkel trip and loved it! We didn't get to go to Coco Cay so we spend Sunday at sea.

Our waiter and assistant waitress were excellent! Alberto showed us card tricks and was just so adorable and took such good care of us! Natalia was so sweet. Food was pretty good. Fish was kind of overcooked but we never left the table hungry!

Our room steward Roberto was great! I don't know how he cleaned our room so quickly. It would be done by the time we got back from breakfast!

The entertainment was good. We saw one dancing/singing show and also Johnny Thunder from the Drifters sang and told jokes. he should have just stuck to singing!

We were not impressed with the buffet for lunch at all. The food was way too heavy for us. When it's 90 outside we just don't enjoy eating ribs and chicken but I know some people do. We did try the pizza one day and it wasn't very good. We did miss what they had on he Carnival ships we were on. We missed having a deli to get just a sandwich and a place where you can always get a burger or dog and fries.

It was a great getaway for 3 nights though. If I lived in Florida I think I would take that cruise more often!

If you have any questions let me know.

I do agree with you as far as the food on the ship. Being a past cruiser of RCCL (7) the Majesty's food was bad. No Lobster and here I was looking forward to enjoying it. We had it on our 5 day cruise a year ago Feb. on the Monarch.

The service was excellent from all the help on the ship. The entertainment was ok, but I have seen better on RCCL.

No problem getting on or off the ship, went very smoothly.

We had a very nice Crown and Anchor party for the platinum and Diamond members, and of course I must mention Shana who hosted the party was extremely helpful in answering some of my question.

The gym was a litlle disappointing to me it was so small. I guess I am used to the newer RCCL ships and Carnival new ships with their large gym area and equipment.The outside stateroom was so small too 122 sq ft...I am used to the larger ones..This room would be great for a single person cruiser.

Looking forward to booking another cruise on RCCL but am going with the newer larger ones.

Cruzmama59

P.S. just made it home before hurricane that went to the Bahamas,,,the only thing it that it seemed to follow me home to Fla.

I have some questions. What are the dress codes on the 3-night? Is there still a formal night? I'm hoping to pack as lightly as possible and would rather not bring formal wear. If there is a formal night, what were most people (ladies) wearing--cocktail dresses, gowns? I'm really looking forward to my girls' weekend cruise. I know the Majesty won't compare to the Radiance, but I fully intend to enjoy myself!

I have some questions. What are the dress codes on the 3-night? Is there still a formal night? I'm hoping to pack as lightly as possible and would rather not bring formal wear. If there is a formal night, what were most people (ladies) wearing--cocktail dresses, gowns? I'm really looking forward to my girls' weekend cruise. I know the Majesty won't compare to the Radiance, but I fully intend to enjoy myself!

There is one formal night however, I didn't see anybody wearing a tux. The guys in my family wore sport jackets, shirt and tie. There were some people in dress shirts and not sport jacket and tie too. The women in our group all wore slacks and were just fine. Either a slack suit or just a pair of nice slacks and a nice top. I'm not sure if it's because it's such a short cruise or what the reason is, but people weren't very dressed up. Pack lightly!

I was on the same cruise. Yes, there are hair dryers in the staterooms. Ours was missing, but our attendant hooked us up with one in no time.

I saw a smattering of tuxes on formal nite, mostly suits with some people staying casual. Our dining room waiter told us the night before not to worry about dressing up on formal nite, but we stayed in our shorts and ordered room service from the dining room menu that night.

Archived