Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Orient Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old August 31st, 2008, 08:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Angry The New Marco Polio Goes Bananas

I priced the 35 day cruise the beginning of last week and I can tell you there is no relationship to the old cruise line or even EXPENSIVELY priced cruise lines. It was triple my 63 day cruise (The Marco Polio ships last cruise including Antartica a typically pricey cruise) earlier this year. The new owners are out of their minds. I would have booked on the spot and cancelled other cruise line reservations but their simply nuts. Holland America has been plastering me with offers that are compatible with Orient, and I'll probable go in that direction unless "Heller" gets his feet on the ground. Artiles did predict the cost of operating this specific ship, Marco Polio II would be significantly more than the MARCO POLIO 1. I guess they were right, how unfortaunate for those of us who were excited about the new ownership! I hope this was a start up issue and they square away. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Last edited by bbq; August 31st, 2008 at 08:39 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 3rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

bbq....
I couldn't agree with you more! I'm also using other lines with small ships like Azamara, some Celebrity and HAL - even though I nearly get run over by scooters and wheelchairs eveytime with HAL(!) One of the cruises offered by MPII is over double the price on the old MP, including the airfare. I don't take excursions anymore, so i's not worth it to me. If they only knew how many of us cruise. I can get a similar price with an all-inclusive luxury line!
Jini

Past Cruises:
Carnival '97,
Marco Polo T/A 4-02
Marco Polo Europe 5-04
Infinity Hawaii 10-04
Princess Regal South America 2-06
NCL Crown Bermuda 5-06,
Princess Dawn Mexico 9-06
Zenith, Western Caribbean, 12-06
Rhapsody (RCCL), W. Carib. 1-07
Oceania Regatta, T/A 3-07
Pacific Princess, Hawaii, 5-07
HAL Zaandam, Hawaii 10-07
Regent Mariner, Pacific Crossing, 12-07
Azamara Quest, Panama Canal, 1-08
Seabourn Pride T/A 3-08
Celebrity Century, T/A 4-28-08
X-Mercury, Hawaii R/T 10-22-08
X-Century. T/A 12-1-08
1-06-09, So. Caribbean, Royal Princess
3-15-09, Mercury, r/t San Diego to Hawaii
5-8-09, Atlantic Coast, HAL Maasdam
8-30-09 Carnivore Valor
10-23-09, Mercury, San Diego to Baltimore
Upcoming cruises:
3-19-2010, Mercury, Charleston R/T W.Caribbean
3-29-2010(b2b) Charleston R/T E. Caribbean

Old November 19th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Disappointed

We are really disappointed with the new prices from MPII. Even their early booking prices with 50% discount are more expensive than those from so called luxury liners. We wouldn't pay that kind of prices for an old ship like MP. We have cruised with MP for five times, and would sure like to be with her again, but not with that kind of prices. We don't know what the new MP II management is thinking. Now-a-days, consumers are very intelligent and well informed because of the internets. The new management better change their thinking before it is too late, especially with today's economies.

Jim

Last edited by mcjyl; November 19th, 2008 at 12:25 AM.