Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old September 5th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Online Checkin and SetSail Pass

I have just completed Online checkin and printed my Set Sail Pass

other than my Passport & SetSail pass do I need anything else at embarkation. I booked through an online TA so feeling a bit "at sea" wondering if I get sent any tickets etc. the TA is in USA - I am Down Under.

Di

Old September 5th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi

You'll probably need your credit card at checkin, but otherwise your setsail pass and passport should be ok.

I'm in Oz, our last RCI cruise was booked directly with RCI but also involved the local agent in Sydney (which is where we made payments).

Before departure we received a kit in the mail from RCI with bag tags and some general information about the cruise, basically saying to make sure you have your set sail pass all done.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Old September 5th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Jay

Wasthe money in the cassino US$'s and what did the pokies take?

Old September 5th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by didiaust View Post

other than my Passport & SetSail pass do I need anything else at embarkation. I booked through an online TA so feeling a bit "at sea" wondering if I get sent any tickets etc. the TA is in USA - I am Down Under.

Di
Hi,
We are sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas Oct 19th from Sydney....we are aussies too We have just received email with final cruise documents attached. This is 13 pages long, and includes printable baggage tags. This email came from RCI via our TA in Aust. It is headed 'final electronic cruise documents'. Our TA said that all documents are done via email.
It has everything in it that u need, plus all contact info, more about the ship, policies etc. Of course the 'set sail pass' that you have already printed out is the most important one.
Hope this helps you a bit. Have a great cruise.
Jen

Old September 5th, 2008, 11:49 AM
40,000+ Club

Quote:

Di
As another poster stated, you need to bring your credit card. I just want to add that you should ensure you bring the same credit card you indicated on the SetSail pass. After I filled out my SetSail pass, our credit card was lost and replaced, so I showed up at check-in with a different credit card. No big deal except I had to fill out more paperwork and what normally takes 5 minutes took 30 minutes.

If you booked with certain kinds of promotions, such as residency discounts or military discounts, you may be asked to provide proof of eligibility.

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Ad Sponsored By
Old September 5th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

"As another poster stated, you need to bring your credit card. I just want to add that you should ensure you bring the same credit card you indicated on the SetSail pass."

Bit concerned when I completed online checkin I only had to provide the last 4 numbers of the credit card.

Old September 5th, 2008, 09:45 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Bit concerned when I completed online checkin I only had to provide the last 4 numbers of the credit card.
I had to provide the type of credit card, expiration date, and last 4 digits. If you want the speediest check-in, just make sure the credit card you present at check-in matches the information you provided on your SetSail pass.

Past Cruises

RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Old September 5th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

As others have indicated, even if you've provided a credit card number you need to present the card and have it swiped at check in.

Old October 12th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

This is my first cruise and I am really worried I will forget something or screw something up...lol.

When is the earliest I can do the online check-in ?? When I do the check in does that automatically give me the set sail pass info to print or is that something separate I have to fill out online ?

I leave in just less than 3 weeks can I do my check in now ?

Thanks for the info !!!

Old October 12th, 2008, 02:29 PM
5,000+ Club

Default ...

just a form of payment to place on file for the on board account...other than that just the above mentioned and your smiling face
12/06 Monarch of the Seas - Baja Mexico
05/07 Liberty of the Seas - Western Caribbean - Maiden Voyage
10/07 Vision Of the Seas - Mexican Riviera
04/08 Monarch of the Seas - Baja Mexico
09/08 Rhapsody of the Seas - Alaska - now C&A Platinum
01/09 Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera
04/09 Carnival Elation - Baja Mexico B2B part 1
04/09 Carnival Elation - Baja Mexico B2B part 2
12/09 Celebrity Equinox - Southern Caribbean
04/10 Radiance of the Seas - Mexican Riviera
10/10 Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean
03/11 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
05/11 Carnival Paradise - Baja Mexico

So far 101 wonderful days spent at sea!!

Old October 12th, 2008, 03:29 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_Cees View Post
This is my first cruise and I am really worried I will forget something or screw something up...lol.

When is the earliest I can do the online check-in ?? When I do the check in does that automatically give me the set sail pass info to print or is that something separate I have to fill out online ?

Thanks for the info !!!
You can complete the online check-in as soon as you book the cruise, months in advance if you like. Completing the online check-in is what gives you the ability to print your SetSail pass. However, you will only be able to print the SetSail pass after final payment. In your case, if you are less than 3 weeks away, you must have made final payment, so you should be able to print the SetSail pass as soon as you complete the online check-in.

Past Cruises

Old October 12th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just don't wait til the last minute - about 3 days before the cruise they shut it all down and you won't be able to access your reservation or do online checkin/print set sail pass. Even if you miss it - you can still get on the boat with correct documentation - just takes a bit longer is all. But do not panic when everything disappears online a few days before the sailing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_Cees View Post

Thanks for the info !!!

Old October 12th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Wow I'm glad you told me not to panic when they shut it all down cuz I would have freaked....lol

Thank you for the info !!! Will go complete and print and be one step closer to vacation !!!