Diving off the railings?

Hi Ragnar:

I, too like jumping off of stuff. The local bridge over the pass to the Gulf was a fave when I was younger. I have never seen the brig on SeaDream I or II (amazingly) but I imagine they would frown on rail jumping. Just a guess. But, if you get away with it, let me know. I love new traditions!

All the best,

Jim.

on the SD II fall crossing last year, a passenger had a bit too much to drink one evening and rumor has it she stepped off the deck and but for landing in the the lifeboat, would have tested your theory about jumping and the brig. More rumor has it that she stepped out to smoke and somehow took a wrong turn. She was found several hours later sound asleep in the lifeboat. (And no, I don't smoke . . .)

FT

As far as I know there is no diving off the railing on SD:eek:

When we are in the Caribbean on SD we dive off the swim platform into the ocean but not off the railings or deck or mast or bow (we save jumping off the bow for when we are on sailboat in the Caribbean). There is a tow line off the swim platform as well as a crew member in a dingy for safety.

I have no desire to see the brig so I will listen to crew instructions:D Especially the instructions from Capt. T!!

As far as I know there is no diving off the railing on SD:eek:

When we are in the Caribbean on SD we dive off the swim platform into the ocean but not off the railings or deck or mast or bow (we save jumping off the bow for when we are on sailboat in the Caribbean). There is a tow line off the swim platform as well as a crew member in a dingy for safety.

I have no desire to see the brig so I will listen to crew instructions:D Especially the instructions from Capt. T!!

Last time I was on board they frowned upon diving off of the water sports platform and it is only about a foot above the water, i know because I wanted to and was told no.

I looked over the railing late one afternoon while we were anchored in the Caribbean and saw several sharks swimming right next to the yacht. :eek: That, my friends, was enough to convince me to stay in the pool's water with my mojito. Sharks swim in the ocean, Cammiem sits in the pool.

Archived