Liquor Package Question

oceanbear

:eek: I just tried to order a bottle of "Grey Goose" vodka for an upcoming cruise. On the Celebrity web site, it is listed under "premium" liquors for $55.00 per bottle. When I called to order I was told that Grey Goose is a "Luxury" item at $80 per bottle. $80 - No Way! Has this happened to anyone else?:eek:

The documentation booklet lists it as premium at $55. There is no luxury vodka listed. It does include 6 cans of soda (Iknow you'll mix them with your Grey Goose) and Natural Source Nuts Ivory Grab Box (don't ask me, I have no idea).

They only list all liquor as "bottles". They don't say whether it's a pint, fifth, liter, etc.

I guess this is one of the reasons people are sneaking (makes you feel like a kid sneaking in the movie) booze aboard.

And they wonder why people bring their own. They create the situation. $80 is a joke. I don't know why they don't adopt the RCI policy. $9.50 to take it back to your room and you're basically paying $20 for most things that they carry (of course a bit more for Grey Goose, but it's still reasonable).

On Galaxy in September we paid $55.00 for Grey Goose. It was a liter bottle, came with a hugpe jar of peanuts, about 2-3lbs I think, and 6 cans of soda. In my case, Indian tonic water. It was clearly not good value, but not too bad compared with a bar. I bought it because I did not want to be a smuggler and didn't have the opportunity anyway before I sailed. Next time I might be a smuggler.

i plan to purchase the liquor package for our 4/05 panama canal cruise. i guess it is not a real great value as you can go to the local liquor store and buy it much cheaper. however here is my philosophy. at standard bar rates a quart of booze (32 ounces) should render 32 drinks. yep thats right, look it up, one ounce per drink is the standard bar guide. so if you figure it this way and figure the ship on average charges $4.00 a drink, not including the standard 15% gratuity. that comes to like $128.00, so if you pay $55.00 for the package you come up with a $73.00 savings!!!!! even at the $80.00 price you're saving $38.00. yep this is sick thinking, but i think it makes sense.

:) I received an email response from Celebrity assuring me that the "Grey Goose" vodka was still on the Premium package for $55, and not on the Luxury package for $80. I called the "Bon Voyage Gifts" line again, and this time was able to order the Grey Goose vodka for the Premium price of $55 without any problems. I realize this is still over-priced, but I won't have to deal with smuggling it on board, or have any "issues" with the suite's butler.

FYI - I found Grey Goose (750ml ) for $22 at Rite-Aid today.

For those of you who have ordered the Liquor Package how have you paid for it? Will Celebrity put it on your Sail Away card & you pay at the end of the cruise or do you pay up front?

Can you order it once you are on board to be delivered to your stateroom?

Thanks for your help!

I can definitely answer your first question - EVERYTHING that you purchase onboard goes on your cruise card. The only expense you incur not directly charged to your card are your gaming expenses.

I wish I could help you with your second question. I think that the policy has changed since we were on the Connie last year and I would hate to give you an incorrect answer.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for your answer. I am still confused as to whether or not if you order this package by phone before sailing if the cost will be placed on your sailaway card or if you have to charge it to a cc or check.

Anyone done this or should I call Celebrity?

Thanks again! :confused:

Archived