San Diego liquor store--------------

JNLROSE

There is a Ralph's Supermarket (aka Kroger’s) about 2 miles from the Cruise Terminal. It is huge grocery store that takes up almost a full city block and has everything you want (or need) at reasonable prices. Yes, it also has a Liquor Department!!!!

It is located in Downtown San Diego at:

101 G St, San Diego, CA 92101

619-595-1581

Tom

We used Ralph's a two years ago getting ready to do the Pnama Canal. It does have everything you need and the prices were fine. We've never shopped at a grocery store that only had underground parking. We kept looking for the lot to park in and finally saw the signs.

Dave and Elaine

JNLROSE and SailingDoug:

I'm also interested in at least the pop and bottled water(maybe the liquor?)- sounds like it would be a drive to the nearest market. I wonder if we could all work something out in the morning before/after boarding?

Beth

I actually did a yellow pages search & there are 3 liquor stores within .62 miles from our hotel! I'm certain we will manage that easily! The Holiday Inn said they would take us in their shuttle if we wanted!

Hi Wallie--you've got mail!!!

Thanks Joe, we'll be able to find things I'm sure! SD is pretty easy to get around in, in that area, so hopefully we'll make it a quick stop! Don't need to buy a ton of things! Are you on our same cruise??? 11/26

Hi Joe!

Well yes, I do have an idea, but since I booked it a long time ago, it's already full!! Sorry. We booked the Dreamseeker Yacht for 5 hours for a group of 8 of us. I don't know of any others in Cabo, but have you been to the Ports board? There are many ideas on there. We've got 4 couples from our roll call all going together.

OK, so here's another question---Anthony's is closed on Turkey day, anybody have any other great seafood suggestions that will be open???? I'm trying to check some of the restaurants in Gaslamp, but haven't had too much luck yet.

Rosie,

We will be just missin ya the next week ! We are going out to Long Beach on the 28th to do the 4 day on Monarch with "L" the 29th to Dec 3rd, and stayin the nite of the 3rd and 4th @ the Hyatt in LB also.

Joe, If there are any must see places for a first timmer in CA, let us know.

EW

Hey Duck, I'm good--you & the Duckster??? Of course Renee too!!!

We're taking the Mercury from SD day after Turkey! From the roll call, it looks like we have a GREAT group sailing with us. Of course once they meet me.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

all is well thanks. still tring to figure out the ducksters sleeping habits but it is much better than a couple of months ago. renee started today in a mommy and me yoga class which he seemed to enjoy. the instructed and all the other experienced mothers were quick to say he was very active for a 4 month old. lucky me.

your cruise sounds good. i am dying to go on another one. renee and i are actually talking about the best time to go and if it would be with or without duckster. will keep you guys posted.

Archived