Live From The Vision

dobie

We're in Mazatlan, smooth sailing all the way. Embarkation a piece of cake. Ship looks great, clean, staff very helpful. Calm seas all around. Cabo yesterday, looking alittle dirtier than last time. Today did Randi's Happy Horses, lots of fun. Tomorrow in PV may stay onboard. They are enforcing the no kids rule in the Solarium very well this trip, we're happy!! Lots of crew members waiting to use the Internet here in the terminal so I'm signing off, having fun!!!

dobie:

Thanks for posting...........hope you are having a great time..........

We are sailing this same cruise NEXT October and was wondering about the weather.......especially the first day.........was it cool?? I'm guessing it is getting warmer as you go South.........

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Jim

Sweetreba:

WE ARE ON THE SAME CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!! I started a roll call a month ago but so far only my wife and I have posted! LOL! My wife's bd is the 28th.......so we are celebrating........I'll bring up the Roll Call again and come over and post so we have someone to talk to.........I know there will be at least 4 of us!:D

Jim

Our wedding anniv. is Oct 11th and my birthday is Oct 20th. We will be going with my dh's sister and husband and dh's brother and wife, so we will be 6 instead of 2. Might make the m&m. I'll go to the roll call and "talk" to ya soon

Susan

We sail on Oct 24. Have never been to Mexico - any sugesstions for ports of call. We don't usually book through cruise line.

Have signed up for Meet and Mingle - hope enough people sign up. so far the number is at 22.

Mexico is so great. You will love it. I've never cruised there but was in Cabo San Lucas earlier this year for a wedding. It was the most beautiful place I've ever been! The water and the beaches are stunning! Go on a boat ride to Lover's Beach. And definitely go into town. Lots of great shops (Mexican pottery is beautiful) and places to eat. Very safe to just walk around. It's great.

I'm home!!! So sad.....but we did book for Oct 23 next year, with the coupon from the C & A!! So I guess I'll meet a lot of you... booked for my mom and her friend, and one of the gals at our dinner table booked 6 cabins for her family. The weather out of and into LA is a little cool, but really not too bad. You can still be out ondeck. The first day out was worse than coming back in. On that day they allowed kids in the Solarium for a couple of hours. The Vision is showing her age in a few spots...carpet, a few tiles....they are changing things out, however, we could see while onboard. I'm sure it is a never ending process. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had an outside cabin on Deck 2, more than adequate space. The food is not as great as it has been in the past. In the Windjammer they would run out of things and you would have to wait for them to be replenished. They no longer have the omelette bar, due to health regualtions, we were told, something to do with exhaust fans and hand washing stations. They do make omelettes and put them in warming trays. I think that since we were the first Mexican cruise they were still trying to get things adjusted and this is perhaps why you had to wait sometimes in the Windjammer. Same in the Solarium I waited half an hour for a pizza. I think they were used to an older crowd who ate in the dining room a lot. The staff made comments about how it was nice to have people who were "excited". Our cruise was also completely full. I think that these small things will be corrected next week. I can't comment on the entertainment, I did not see a single show!! My husband went to a couple, and he said the comedian was good, and the people at our table enjoyed all of the shows. Our dining room service was impeccable. If you didn't eat something, they were right there to want to know why and see if they could replace it. (Usually I was just so full that I couldn't eat any more....). They do have the wine package, $139 for 7 bottles, and the deluxe is $199 for a different selection. Our sailing was so smooth that we were a little disappointed....we never felt a wave!!! I'm off to do laundry and go to bed, up at 5 AM, home around 6. Any questions I'll be glad to answer, probably not till tomorrow, tho....

Welcome back. Hope the Post Cruise depression isn't too bad. We leave on Halloween night! Girlfriend and I, leaving the hubbies at home! I have only done one cruise before on Carnival and it is my friends first. Everyone says that RCCI is better than Carnival and I loved Carnival so hope that my expectations are not too high! We are also on Deck 2. What excursions did you do? Is it cold inside the boat 'cos of air conditioning? Do they have mid-night buffets....not that I eat at any on Carnival but it was neat to see and who knows, we may be hungry:)

The only midnight buffet I know of is the second formal night. We ate at second seating, weren't done eating until 10:30 so certainly weren't hungry by midnight. We do not do ship's excursions. We booked with Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan, you can book with her on the web, she'll pick you up at the ship, take you to the island and the horses, it is a wonderful day for only $45. In Cabo you can get off the ship and book independent kayaks, water taxis, whatevr you want,for MUCH less than the RCI price. They are all waiting for you on the pier. PV is the same. We just stayed onboard in PV. It really was not cold onboard because of AC as far as I was concerned...I never needed a jacket. (Of course, I am of that "hot flash" era, so you may want to discount my statement).

I was hoping maybe either of you could help me out with some information.

I am trying to find out who the piano player is in the Schooner Bar. We

really enjoyed this one particular guy and I heard he may be on the

Vision. His name is Anselmo Boles. Can either of you confirm if he

is on the Vision and for how long? I will be on that cruise in January

and it would really make my vacation. Thanks.

Cat Girl.

dobie:

We have started a roll call already for our October 23rd cruise......sweetreba and my wife and I are already posting.........come over to the roll call for October 23rd.........you can provide all of us great insight.

Jim

Archived