Bringing Drinks On Board

bburt60

We will be going on our first cruise aboard the Carnival Elation. I have heard about the high price of soft drinks etc on the ship. Is a person allowed to bring soft drinks on board? Also I have read other posts about people sneaking beer and other alcoholic beverages onboard in their checked luggage. Realizing that Carnival's policy prohibits bringing alcholic beverages on board, does anyone know the penalty if one gets caught with beer etc in their baggage?

Enjoy your first cruise!:)

Carnival allows a 'reasonable amount' of soft drinks to be brought on board at embarkation. I think a six-pk. per person would be reasonable.

They also allow a bottle or two of 'fine' wine to be brought onto the ship.

If you don't have a Carnival brochure, go to the website and look at the 'rules and regs'.

Coke ok, water ok, wine ok. No hard booze or beer. Friend last month has 6pack of beer in luggage, they opened it and took it away, she picked it up when they got back. NO FINES though, no tickets, etc., they just confiscate it and hold it till you get back... the way I look at it, you can always try and sneak it on board.. I'm leaving tomorrow, taking 5 bottles of wine and i'm going to fill up two water bottles with Gentlemans Jack and some V.O.

I'll let you know how it goes in 8 days!

Every cruise I've been on, they haven't checked or confiscated liquor in checked bags. They do, however, occasionally check carry-on bags. In that case, they'll hold the liquor till the night before the last day and return it to you then.

I will be trying to take me some Dr Pepper since all they have is Mr. Pibb, which just doesn't cut it with me. I bought a drink card on our last 2 cruises and didn't use it over 10 times becasue the Mr Pibb was always terrible tasting. I was able to buy Dr Pepper in Barbados and Aruba and they were so good..............I just hand carried them on there but it may be different the next time. I read somewhere that if they didn't carry your brand then you could bring a small amount with you. My husband only drinks 7up and we did the same thing with it.

Archived