Benefits of owning CCL stock

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:13 PM.
1,120 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Are there any benefits to being a stockholder of CCL? How many shares do you need? Does this entitle you to OBC? How much OBC do you recieve?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Chanderis S.S. Britanis- 1989 Best Food! This ship later sank and is laying at the bottom of the ocean
Carnival Fantasy- 5/8/94 The Famous John Heald was our CD
Carnival Destiny- 4/6/97 Corey Schmidt CD did a great show with his beautiful birds
Princess Sun Princess- 1/17/98 I think we were the youngest people on the entire ship
Carnival Destiny- 4/11/99 Now known as the Carnival Sunshine
Carnival Holiday- 1/24/00 Saw many spouting whales and many dolphins from our ship
Carnival Victory- 4/8/01 13 Family members with us on this cruise - Hubby sang Butterfly Kisses to our daughter on stage for passanger talent show
Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas- 4/4/04 Coolest Captain (Captain Johnny)
Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas- 4/23/06 Captain Johnny Again! Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!
Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas- 4/27/08 Dined at captains table, and toured the bridge
Carnival Legend 9/11/11 Funnest Happy Hours with Mom and Dad
Carnival Dream 10/13/12 Captain wouldn't blast the horn until I sent him a private note stating how much I love hearing it!
Royal Caribbean- Oasis of the Seas 11/2/13 Coolest Ship - Mom and Dad were the absolute stars of the Newlywed, Not So Newlywed Show - Our Danish friend from Copenhagen joined us for this family cruise
Carnival Sunshine- 11/14 Got to know the fun,very talented, and beautiful Singers and Dancers and Cruise Director who made our cruise extra special - Hubby danced on stage in a production
Royal Caribbean- Freedom of the Seas 9/13/15 Enjoyed the shows, the piano bar, and snorkeling at Cemetery Beach in Grand Cayman
Irvington, AL
4,652 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
You must own at least 100 shares and this entitles the shareholder an OBC of $100 per cabin on a 7 day cruise. The amount varies with shorter and longer cruises.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Cruises 19
Royal Caribbean 9
Holland America 10
Princess 9
Premier 1
Costa 1
NCL 1
1,120 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Thank you!
Also does this get you OBC for Princess and other cruiselines owned by CCL?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Chanderis S.S. Britanis- 1989 Best Food! This ship later sank and is laying at the bottom of the ocean
Carnival Destiny- 4/6/97 Corey Schmidt CD did a great show with his beautiful birds
Princess Sun Princess- 1/17/98 I think we were the youngest people on the entire ship
Carnival Holiday- 1/24/00 Saw many spouting whales and many dolphins from our ship
Carnival Victory- 4/8/01 13 Family members with us on this cruise - Hubby sang Butterfly Kisses to our daughter on stage for passanger talent show
Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas- 4/23/06 Captain Johnny Again! Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!
Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas- 4/27/08 Dined at captains table, and toured the bridge
Carnival Dream 10/13/12 Captain wouldn't blast the horn until I sent him a private note stating how much I love hearing it!
Royal Caribbean- Oasis of the Seas 11/2/13 Coolest Ship - Mom and Dad were the absolute stars of the Newlywed, Not So Newlywed Show - Our Danish friend from Copenhagen joined us for this family cruise
Carnival Sunshine- 11/14 Got to know the fun,very talented, and beautiful Singers and Dancers and Cruise Director who made our cruise extra special - Hubby danced on stage in a production
Royal Caribbean- Freedom of the Seas 9/13/15 Enjoyed the shows, the piano bar, and snorkeling at Cemetery Beach in Grand Cayman
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1,499 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
And with CCL stock being low at under $24 per share, now is the time to buy stock.

We are definitely looking into this.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1,499 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by butterfly2
Thank you!
Good question. I would like to know the answer to this one as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Central Coast of California
685 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
You also get credit on RCL lines if you own their stock. RCL is cheap now.

I bought CCL when it was a lot higher. I have received $100 on both HAL & Carnival. On my current cruise of 27 days I've been credited $250.
1,120 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
A couple of weeks ago RCL was at around 6 bucks and CCL was around 18.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Northern VA
390 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by butterfly2
Thank you!
Yes, the shareholder OBC should applicable for all cruise lines owned by Carnival.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S.S. Universe Explorer - Around the World - Spring 2000
S.S. Universe Explorer - Alaska - Jul 2000
S.S. Universe Explorer - Alaska - May 2001
Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean - Oct 2006
Diamond Princess - Hawaii - Jan 2008
Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean - Feb 2009
Carnival Triumph - Canada - Jun 2009
Emerald Princess - Eastern Caribbean - Nov 2009
Golden Princess - Alaska - July 2010
Enchantment of the Seas - Bermuda to Boston - April 2012

553 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
We just used the confirmation from our stockbroker when we purchased the stock. You can get more information from the Investor Relations area of Carnival's site.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1,120 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Thank You IVYCRUISE this was VERY helpful!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Auburn, CA
218 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by sundercruiser
Wondering how long before your cruise you have to own the CCL stock, and then how long you have to hold it, in order to get the OBC?
You can buy the stock a few days before your cruise and send a fax with all the info and proof of 100 shares you bought I did it about 5 days before I sailed to Hawaii and got 250.00 OBC for any cruise over 14 days and $100.00 OBC just now for a 7 day cruise one through Carnival and one on princess but the stock is good for any of the carnival owner cruise lines they renew the offer every year not sure on what months it is renewed try this web page if it doesn't work go to carnival.com and scroll down to the invester relations click on it and then again on the invester relations in the red bar on the left click on the shareholders benefits hopefully this will tell you everything you need to know it really is easy once you have bought the stock.
http://library.corporate-ir.net/libr...rn_Benefit.pdf

to buy your stock you can use any on line service or go through your own stock person, just get a copy of the investment with your name on it and any other info that is required and fax it to carnival good luck. We bought it when the stock was pretty low and since have used it twice for OBC plus the stock has gone up so we have done great.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
15. Eastern Caribbean Feb. 2017 ( CCL Sunshine)
14. Eastern Caribbean May 2016 (CCL Glory)
13. Jouney cruise Feb. 2016 Southern Caribbean (CCL Glory)

12. Exotic Western Caribbean Feb. 2015 (CCL Splendor)
00. No cruise this year stayed on Kauai, Feb. 2014.
11. Western Caribbean Feb. 2013 (CCL Freedom)
10. Mexican Riviera Feb. 2012 (CCL Spirit)
9. Eastern Caribbean Jan. 2011 (CCL Liberty)
8. Western Caribbean Jan. 2010 (CCL Valor)
7. Mexican Riviera Jan. 2009 (CCL Pride)
6. Hawaii Nov. 2008 (Golden Princess)
5. Eastern Caribbean Mar. 2008 Norwegian Dawn)
4. Baja Jan. 2007 (CCL Paradise)
3. Mexican Riviera Apr. 2006 (RCCL Vision of the Sea)
2. Western Caribbean Oct. 2004 (CCL Elation)
1. New Zealand/Austrilia Nov.1986 (Royal Odyssey)

1,120 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Has Carnival always given OBC to stockholders? or is this relatively new? Has there been any talk of CCL taking this benefit away due to the economy?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature