Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Holland America Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Holland America Line
Read thousands of Holland America Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Holland America Cruise Deals

How to Organize a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle (Meet & Greet) on Board Your Holland America Cruise

NEW! Find Your HOLLAND AMERICA Roll Call

Old January 8th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Nice Eurodam video - includes Superior Verandah Suite tour!

I stumbled on this new Eurodam video on Youtube - it is done from the perspective of a teenager (and a lucky one at that - he is traveling in a Superior Verandah Suite!) and includes a video of his stateroom as well as some passing shots of the Lido cabanas. In Part 2 you get a nice tour of the Queen's Lounge, Sports Bar, Piano Bar, Show Lounge, Pinnacle Bar (w/"erector set" chairs), Explorer's Bar, dining room, Ocean Bar, Silk Den, and various other areas of the ship. He even gives you a sneak peak at one of the bar menus and the "goodbye to the crew" show. Finally, in Part 3 you'll mostly just see the remainer of the crew show, then a tour of the shops, and a few shots of Half Moon Cay. All in all this kid does a fantastic job and some of his commentary is hilarious. Interesting to see the ship from a kid's perspective. I had better not let my kids watch this or they will be wanting to go on the cruise with us, too!

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

The kid does a nice job. He is a product of his age... the quick cut editing and key hole peeks at the boat. There is no way you would get bored watching it. This is not a criticism of the filmmaker, but I think I now have type 2 diabetes after watching the crew sing the song 'love in any language'. I just cannot see how anyone could like that. The poor crew...they not only have to put up with the passengers all day, they have to sing for them, too.

Old January 9th, 2009, 05:43 PM
30,000+ Club

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunduo View Post
This is not a criticism of the filmmaker, but I think I now have type 2 diabetes after watching the crew sing the song 'love in any language'. I just cannot see how anyone could like that.
IMO it's one of the best parts of each and every cruise to listen to the crew sing Love In Any Language. It never fails to bring a tear to my eye, and send me off with the warm and fuzzies.
I go to the Disembarkation talk for the sole reason that I will see the crew presented, get a chance to applaud them, and hear that song.

If the answer isn't "chocolate", you're asking the wrong question.

Old January 9th, 2009, 06:41 PM
10,000+ Club

I thoroughly enjoyed watching all 3 parts of the video. This kid did a remarkable job .. what fun!!!

I got so carried away playing all the YouTube videos of "Love In Any Language" (I can never get enough of that song ... makes me cry every time) that I overcooked the meatloaf I had in the oven!!!

Oh, well . Thanks so much for posting. That was great fun.
Dolphin Encounter, Cozumel (Solstice Cruise): ClickHere
Solstice Cruise 2010: https://picasaweb.google.com
Westerdam Cruise 2010 Photos:Picasa Web Albums - Heather
Veendam/Prinsendam Cruise & Vacation Photos: Photos

Cruise Critic Reviews:
OceaniaRiviera - January 2013 ~~~
CelebritySummit - October 2005 ~~~ HALPrinsendam - December 2006 ~~~ HALVeendam - November 2007~~~HALWesterdam - March 2010~~~~CelebritySolstice - January 2012