Paul Gauguin Woos Romantics With 2010 South Pacific Itineraries

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles
Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:07 AM.
Sonoma County, CA
802 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
The article makes the 2010 season sound great! Now where do I find "Paul Gauguin Cruises" to get specific dates and itineraries? I quickie internet search just produced RSSC links.

--Marne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Golden Princess May '02; Sea Princess Nov '02; Coral Princess April '03 and May '04; Tahitian Princess Nov '03 and Jan '07; Diamond Princess May '04; Splendour of the Seas Nov '04, Jan '06, Aug '06 and Aug '06 (really!); Radiance of the Seas Aug '05; Infinity Feb '05 and June '06; Constellation June '07; Zuiderdam Aug '07; Mercury Dec '07 and May '09; Grand Princess May '08; Sapphire Princess Jan '09; Xpedition Jan '10; Regatta May '10; Voyager of the Seas June '11; Oosterdam Dec '11; Maasdam May '12; Queen of the Mississippi May '13 and Aug '15; Riviera June '14; Pearl Mist July '14; Island Princess June '16; Sirena July '16; Marina July '17; Westerdam Oct '17; Zaandam Nov '17; Eclipse, May '18; Millennium, Oct '18
Sonoma County, CA
802 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
http://www.pgcruises.com

--Marne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Golden Princess May '02; Sea Princess Nov '02; Coral Princess April '03 and May '04; Tahitian Princess Nov '03 and Jan '07; Diamond Princess May '04; Splendour of the Seas Nov '04, Jan '06, Aug '06 and Aug '06 (really!); Radiance of the Seas Aug '05; Infinity Feb '05 and June '06; Constellation June '07; Zuiderdam Aug '07; Mercury Dec '07 and May '09; Grand Princess May '08; Sapphire Princess Jan '09; Xpedition Jan '10; Regatta May '10; Voyager of the Seas June '11; Oosterdam Dec '11; Maasdam May '12; Queen of the Mississippi May '13 and Aug '15; Riviera June '14; Pearl Mist July '14; Island Princess June '16; Sirena July '16; Marina July '17; Westerdam Oct '17; Zaandam Nov '17; Eclipse, May '18; Millennium, Oct '18
22 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
The Paul G is a very nice, clean ship, small capacity. The 14 night Tahiti and other islands cruise was very interesting. Entertainment is minimal, the ports are really nice and adventuresome. The food is great, service was fantastic for us. Lecturers on board are very interesting. A great trip for sure.

Beagle2
22 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
The Paul G is a very nice, clean ship, small capacity. The 14 night Tahiti and other islands cruise was very interesting. Entertainment is minimal, the ports are really nice and adventuresome. The food is great, service was fantastic for us. Lecturers on board are very interesting. A great trip for sure. Find it under Regent Cruises.

Beagle2
22 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Find them under Regent Cruises. Great ship, small, clean, food is wonderful. If you go to Rangi, do the drift snorkle through the pass. It may be necessary to get the trip, shoreside, not sure if the ship books thta one. The motu near Tahaa is outstanding, spend the day there for sure.

Beagle2
Los Angeles, CA, USA
3,205 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
Hi Marne,

Sorry you won't be joining us on the Journey cruise to Iceland. Just wanted to tell you that our kids loved their cruise on the Paul Gaugin last October. They said the service was wonderful.

Sheila
Boston, MA
1,075 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by Host Dan
Is Paul Gaugan cruises a division of Grand Circle?

Host Dan
Hi Dan,

The ship was indeed owned by GCT, who bought it in 2004. I'm still trying to determine whether or not Paul Gauguin Cruises is an entirely new company or still part of GCT.

Thanks,

Dan
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dan Askin
Senior Editor

Click to Play!

Boston, MA
1,075 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Just for clarification, Paul Gauguin Shipping Limited and Paul Gauguin Cruises are separate companies, privately held, not owned by Grand Circle Travel.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dan Askin
Senior Editor

Click to Play!

SF Bay Area
1,788 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
The Paul Gauguin line and the 2010 itineraries sound wonderful, and I have long been wanting to cruise in Polynesia. In order to book a cruise on this ship, however, I would first need to know whether the ship has (or will have after the planned retrofit) high quality pillowtop mattresses on the stateroom beds, because my DH has back problems and cannot sleep on bad mattresses. (He is fine on the ones on Holland America, just for comparison.) I posted this question on the Regent board and emailed PG Cruises, but so far haven't been able to find out the answer. Does anyone who is reading this know anything that might be helpful?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Phase 1: Bitten by the ocean liner bug:
Four round-trip transatlantic crossings as a child, 1954-1964, mostly on Cunard
Phase 2: Learning to cruise for cruising's sake:
Bahamas, Spring 1965 or 1966 (don't remember what ship; probably Cunard) (dad's choice)
Swan Hellenic Minerva, Eastern Med., Oct. 1987 (mom's choice)
Phase 3: Finally get to pick my own cruises!

Celebrity Mercury, Alaska, July 2005
HAL Westerdam, W. Caribbean, Nov. 2007
HAL Veendam, Alaska, Aug. 2008 (no review - sorry!)
HAL Amsterdam, San Diego to FLL via Panama Canal, December 2012