Bad Weather Impacts Fred. Olsen Cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles
Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:32 PM.
two Canadians living in Alabama
150 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Those pictures were enough to make anyone sea sick, but remember this is a very small cruise ship at only 43 ,000 ton. not likely to happen on the larger ships ( I hope!)
Montreal Canada
6,549 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
I really feel there are TOO many ships in Alaska .Bring back more Carib cruises from New york /Boston -Longer then 8 days for Northern voyagers.Lots of families on vacation have more then a week
I see snow ALL WINTER >DO NOT WANT IT IN SUMMER .Alaska not yet for me!!!
Bring back SUMMER Hawaii cruises .We loved ours .Would definitely do again!!!LOve leisure seadays!!!
Even more Bermuda cruises

Med with EURO still too expensive!!!
7,100 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
The problem with Alaskan cruises is the high airfare to get there for the cruise. Princes is having fantastic sales, but the airfare from NY to Alaska was nearly $900 per person. I can't afford nearly $2,000 in airfare for a cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Any cruise is better than staying home!
New Cumberland,PA, USA
25,909 Posts
Joined May 2000
Most economists (and cruise experts) would say that cruise prices are "price elastic" and any change in price will affect bookings. The attempts by Alaska to line their pockets at the expense of cruise passengers (head tax, increased port fees, etc) will backfire just as it has for places such as Bermuda.
Toronto, ON. Canada
1,492 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
I do not know enough about ships and how their shape affects the ride. I wonder if the reason that the ship tossed so much in the storm had anything to do with the stretching done when Fred Olsen bought it from NCL who had already changed things from when it was the Crown Odyssey?
Fran