Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic

Old February 4th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Post Kids Sail Free, Cheap With Wave Season Deals

Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Kids Sail Free, Cheap With Wave Season Deals

Read the entire news article...

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Senior Editor

Out of curiosity, any families out there planning to take advantage of any of these deals? Or, has anyone looked at these deals, but found they could save more without squeezing everyone into one cabin? Let us know!

Thanks,
Associate Editor Erica

Old February 13th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm usually out of luck because we have 3 kids. It's very frustrating to see great deals for families, and be out of luck because of the extra kid. In addition, it's very difficult to research 5-person prices and cabins because none of the websites are set up to allow this. Yeah, I can call multiple lines over and over to price different sailings & ships, but it's a PITA.

So no, my family probably won't be on any of these deals.

Old February 13th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Red face

I am with you about having a bigger family then 4, I have been trying to price a cruise for 6 of us. Good luck

Carnival Destiny Sept/09

Carnival Inspiration Sept/10

Carnival Valor April/11

Carnival Desitny April/12

Carnival victory April/13 family cruise

Carnival Sunshine Anniversary Cruise Sept/14

Old February 13th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Senior Editor

Have you tried booking adjoining or across-the-hall cabins? An inside cabin for the kids could be pretty affordable and you'd get third passenger deals for the 5th child sharing a room with two others. Any wisdom about whether booking two cabins is cheaper than booking a big family suite?

Old February 13th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm brand new at this--been on all of one cruise, where we booked one balcony and an inside down the hall. In my limited research, whether it's better to book two cabins or one of the limited number of "family" cabins is really variable and depends on what you value most. If the pp rate for peeps 3,4,5 is very low, getting one cabin can be a deal. If saving $$ is the most important thing, two insides is definitely cheaper, but OTOH you're inside two tiny rooms instead of in a nice big room with balcony.

For my family, privacy and putting the kids across the hall isn't an option--the girls are 3 and 5. With teens though, I can see that could work really well, and having an extra bathroom would be a big plus. However, connecting, adjoining, or across-the-hall cabins means less flexibility in where you end up and/or booking earlier. Tradeoffs, tradeoffs...