How do they serve your own wine?

DougYWG

We took a Princess cruise this summer where the serving of your own wine was very efficient and discreet. On the days when we wanted one of our own bottles, we just left it sitting out in our cabin that morning. The cabin steward took it away and it appeared on our table at dinner time. The waiter would then get me to sign for the corkage fee, which I was happy to pay. How does Royal Carribbean do it? (Navigator coming up, 12/24/04)

Thanks for your reply Carol -btw I am also a Carol.

Do you see many people carry wine into the dining room? There are a couple of special bottles we want to enjoy over the holiday period. Just can't wait to board Navigator. We are taking our 19 and 22 year old daughters with us. Christmas and New Year in the Caribbean what a combination.

I carry my own in with me. If I don't finish it they cork it and keep it for me until the next night. If I'm not in the mood to pay the corking fee, I just take a glass from the cabin with me to dinner, that is if I'm only having one glass. :-)

I seldom buy wine onboard. It's not hard to carry on and it's sooooo much cheaper. I rather spend my money on the umbrella foo foo drinks and margaritas!

I have always been able to give the bottle to my room steward and request he deliver it to the head waiter. Put a note on the bottle with your room number and your table number. Haven't done this recently, but it worked several times before. The last time was October 2003. I have always tiped the steward for doing this for me.

cruzincat

I'm sailing for the first time on AOS Oct.31 and since I like wine with dinner I'd like to know how much is the corkage fee if you bring your own bottle and what's the usual charge for their bottle of wine? Anyone else on this cruise?

• 1 month later...
I'm sailing for the first time on AOS Oct.31 and since I like wine with dinner I'd like to know how much is the corkage fee if you bring your own bottle and what's the usual charge for their bottle of wine? Anyone else on this cruise?

We never been on any cruise. So, were you able to bring your own wine? If yes, how much was the corkage fee?

We've been on quite a few cruises (none on RCI until March), but have never seen anyone bringing their own wine onboard. I didn't know that you could. My husband is a huge wine aficionado (even makes his own), and I would love to bring along some of his favorites. Anyone with first-hand experience?

Cheryl

Archived