Oasis to visit Southampton U.K.....

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

S.YORKS. U.K
928 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Having checked the Southampton Port schedules after the 12 Feb update, Oasis will call on 8 Nov. Arrival time 12.00pm leaves 19.00.
JUST time for a quick look round .
Solstice was also on the the schedule in 08, but she sailed right past to FLL so will see what happens with Oasis...........
RICH
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RICH...................
New Jersey
3,605 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
I'd heard it was possible -- and the ship is on track to be finished early (even earlier than the last announcement that RCI was adding pre-inaugural short cruises).

I can't imagine though that RCI would bring Oasis to the UK for one day. That's ridiculous. We'll check all this out, though, and report back.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown
Editor in Chief
Cruise Critic

PS Sorry for italics, can't for the life of me figure out how to turn off. Not sure how it was turned on in the first place
Southampton
112 Posts
Joined May 2007
The schedule is full of mistakes and this is about version 7. Marco Polo is not arriving on the 20th October and sailing on the 2nd October unless we have time travel cruises, (it's actually the 2nd for arrival and departure), we're not getting Voyager twice and there is no Saga Pearl II at present due to Saga removing her from their vessel list. If Oasis came here she would be visiting a few days, not a few hours. My guess is they'll do as in 2007 when Navigator arrived the day Liberty left after a 4 day visit, only this time Oasis will meet Indy. Hope so anyway.
25,372 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by Southampton Cruiser
The schedule is full of mistakes and this is about version 7. Marco Polo is not arriving on the 20th October and sailing on the 2nd October unless we have time travel cruises, (it's actually the 2nd for arrival and departure), we're not getting Voyager twice and there is no Saga Pearl II at present due to Saga removing her from their vessel list. If Oasis came here she would be visiting a few days, not a few hours. My guess is they'll do as in 2007 when Navigator arrived the day Liberty left after a 4 day visit, only this time Oasis will meet Indy. Hope so anyway.
There is more on this story...although it is still a mystery

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3058
West Haddon, Northamptonshire, England
862 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Well ... that IS exciting.

If Oasis is there, I will be too - I would definitely take the three hour drive down for a peek.

And seeing as I will be in the area, how about an invite on board (powers that be if you are reading this)?

Let's start a facebook group - 'Please let me on Oasis on November 8th'!

Anyone else want to join?
43 Posts
Joined May 2001
Oasis needs trees and grass! Could the provisioning be for this?
I know for a fact that RCL decided not to have Oasis stop for NYC festivities because of the foliage. My guess is that Southampton is a better place in November to load trees and grass than Finland that would then be planted while at sea.

What do you think?

Ron Russo
Executive VP, COO
Best Price Cruises
25,372 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by pslron
Oasis needs trees and grass! Could the provisioning be for this?
I know for a fact that RCL decided not to have Oasis stop for NYC festivities because of the foliage. My guess is that Southampton is a better place in November to load trees and grass than Finland that would then be planted while at sea.

What do you think?

Ron Russo
Executive VP, COO
Best Price Cruises
Good thinking but sorry nope as the grass/trees are being done between 17-21 Nov when ship arrives in FLL.
25,372 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by English Jane
Well ... that IS exciting.

If Oasis is there, I will be too - I would definitely take the three hour drive down for a peek.

And seeing as I will be in the area, how about an invite on board (powers that be if you are reading this)?

Let's start a facebook group - 'Please let me on Oasis on November 8th'!

Anyone else want to join?
Hi Jane

I would doubt very much they will let anyone on..with only 5 hours it would be a nightmare for security and also I would think they aint going to let anyone have chance to take pics etc before she arrives over in FLL.

It wont stop me from flying down though just to see her at the port
Lebanon, PA
804 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Agreed but, if they do let anyone on, could someone send me an invitation? HAHA... I would fly from the US just for the opportunity to climb on board!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email your pic's for the Meet & Mingle album to me at:
[email protected]
www.richhornberger.com

Jewel of the Seas - 11/11/2007
Liberty of the Seas - 5/10/2008
Majesty of the Seas - 11/14/2008
Liberty of the Seas - 5/16/2009
Mariner of the Seas - 10/11/2009
Explorer of the Seas - 1/14/2010
Serenade of the Seas - 11/14/2010
Majesty of the Seas - 12/3/2010
Rhapsody of the Seas - 5/27/2011
Freedom of the Seas - 9/4/2011
Oasis of the Seas - 10/13/2012
Disney Fantasy - 1/19/2013
Disney Dream - 10/6/2013
Disney Magic - 2/24/2014
Allure of the Seas - 11/23/2014
Adventure of the Seas - 1/25/2015
And some others...
Kutztown, PA
3,151 Posts
Joined May 2007
RCCL claims that no one will be touring before FLL because of the agriculture not being planted until then. They could be doing a ship meeting but I wouldn't be surprised if it was scheduled for safety. RCCL has stressed that the ship was designed for the calm caribbean waters so they may have that scheduled as a final safe harbor before crossing the Atlantic. That way if things are rough the can pause and recalculate routes or just wait it out. This ship has a structure like no other so who knows how she would handle huge waves in the Atlantic. The last thing you want to do is cause any kind of damage before anyone sees her. Before anyone jumps in to say she built strong, strong doesn't mean a storm want overwhelm her systems. She can only handle so much water before central park and other areas flood.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
04/10/2000 - Disney Magic - Port Canaveral - 4 Night Bahamas
07/07/2001 - Carnival Victory - Manhattan - 5 Night Canada
06/16/2002 - Nordic Empress - Manhattan - 7 Night Bermuda
07/16/2004 - Voyager of the Seas - Cape Liberty - 9 Night Western Caribbean
06/09/2007 - Liberty of the Seas - Miami - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
01/02/2010 - Oasis of the Seas - Port Everglades - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
11/22/2012 - Independence of the Seas - Southampton - 13 Night Westbound Transatlantic
05/17/2013 - Grandeur of the Seas - Baltimore - 7 Night Bermuda
01/11/2014 - Grandeur of the Seas - Baltimore - 10 Night Western Caribbean
11/23/2014 - Quantum of the Seas - Cape Liberty - 8 Night Bahamas Inaugural
12/01/2014 - Quantum of the Seas - Cape Liberty - 11 Night Southern Caribbean
09/18/2015 - Jewel of the Seas - Vancouver - 8 Night Pacific Coastal
10/23/2016 - Harmony of the Seas - Barcelona - 13 Night Westbound Transatlantic
04/17/2017 - Anthem of the Seas - Cape Liberty - 12 Night Southern Caribbean

Cruise Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/dmpicone/
Oasis of the Seas video series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgd7VFO5yRo
Independence of the Seas video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...IJaWs--llGvkn0
Grandeur of the Seas 5/17/13 video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...Zwii1p1oZ58Lwf
Grandeur of the Seas 1/11/14 video series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...aUv8jwKinUONT9
Quantum of the Seas 11/23/14 & 12/1/14 video series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...cBZFPWPqNM3nVq
Disney World video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...akwBLswkcePo4O
3,985 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
I would think it might be a publicity stunt by RCI, Mary. Afterall their sidekick Celebrity are naming Equinox in Southampton in the summer, maybe they want to show off Oasis a bit, just to give the media & a select number of RCI staff/agents a peek at her before Allure comes along. IIRC Allure is down to be named in Southampton, so it could also be a dry run to make sure she will fit properly and can berth safely.
Kent, UK
378 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by Southampton Cruiser

Yes we are getting Voyager twice, once on her transatlantic arrival from Texas, then she goes empty to Germany for dry dock and returns to Southampton 10 days later for the start of her relocation cruise to Barcelona.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
7 Night Norway Cruise From Southampton

8 Night Med Cruise From Barcelona On Symphony Of The Seas - April 28th 2018

9 Night Med Cruise From Barcelona On Symphony Of The Seas - October 14th 2018

+
Chesapeake City , Maryland
726 Posts
Joined May 2006
We will be excited just to Board her in May of 2010 , but definitely looking forward to reading reviews . as well as to see Pictures .
Which ever the case .... Excited Excited and oh ya Excited

Have A Great Day

John & Bridget
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas ~ 12/09/17 Southern Caribbeans
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 04/15/17 Western Caribbeans

RCCL Liberty of the Seas ~ 08/21/16 Western Caribbeans
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas ~ 03/30/16 Eastern Caribbean
RCCL Adventure of the Seas ~ 08/29/15 Southern Caribbean
RCCL Jewel of the Seas ~ 04/11/15 Southern Caribbean
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas ~ 03/20/15 Bahamas
RCCL Allure of the Seas ~ 08/24/14 Western Caribbean
RCCL Navigator of the Seas ~ 08/25/13 Rome
Carnival Pride ~ 02/10/13 Bahamas
Carnival Pride ~ 12/11/11 Bahamas
NCL Norwegian Sky ~ 03/27/09 Bahamas
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas ~ 09/19/08 Bahamas
RCCL Adventure of the Seas ~ 06/01/08 Southern Caribbean Cruise
RCCL Explorer of the Seas ~ 12/14/07 Eastern Caribbean Cruise
Carnival Victory ~ Feb, 2007 WESTERN CARIBBEAN
RCCL Adventure of the Seas ~ May, 2006 Southern Caribbean Cruise
Carnival Valor ~ Sept, 2005 WESTERN CARIBBEAN
Carnival Glory ~ May, 2004 EASTERN CARIBBEAN
Carnival Destiny ~ Sept, 2003 SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
UK
1,947 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
I'd like the peak at Allure when she is named, now that would be great!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Terri

Mariner, Indy, Jewell and Vision at various times.