Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic

Old February 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Post Celebrity Assists Summit Passengers Injured in Bus Accident

Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Celebrity Assists Summit Passengers Injured in Bus Accident

Read the entire news article...

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Celebrity concern

Good for Celebrity to show such concern. Certainly differs from the treatment I received from RCCL when one of their security stancions toppled over with me attached..long story...but after I was x-rayed and treated well by ship's Doctor, they wanted me to go to the Halifax hospital....after full payment for the shipboard medical service of course. OK, no problem except my husband had to wheel me down the gangplank,(wheelchair sent back up with a porter's help) find a taxi , direct driver to the hospital,(we paid the fare), then returned to ship,stood (oh the pain)on the pier until my husband secured a wheelchair to wheel me up to our stateroom. NO ONE followed up to assess my condition(broken tail bone) or to express concern or offer any service. We filed a complaint onboard and the Chief Purser could not believe such a lack of common courtesy by the staff......but nothing changed. I DID get the use of the wheelchair for the rest of the cruise though.