Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebration Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old February 24th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool MS Bahamas Celebration

OK... so it seems that a completely separate company is about to launch called "Celebration Cruise Lines" that is independent from Imperial Majesty.

You can see the website (under construction) here: www.bahamaships.com

That being said, this web address used to point to Imperial Majesty. If you click the link HERE you can see about 4 items down where it shows the Imperial Majesty calendar was once listed within this site.

We may need to wait and see... but my gut feeling is that after letting timeshare companies destroy their reputation, the company is coming back fighting with a new name and a new ship. Of course, it is still "wait and see"

UPDATE: The phone number on the website: 800-520-2410 currently forwards to Imperial Majesty.

Last edited by pianomanorlando; February 24th, 2009 at 03:32 PM.

Old February 24th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Very interesting. I think not only is it that the time share companies have ruined there reputation, but also the connection between the IM name and the rusty old ship (MHO) everyone has seen in Nassau, they really want to get away from both of those i think.

One really funny thing (lame actually) is on the website they have Daisy Fuentes saying "My Bahamas Cruise Line" to promote it.....LOL

Old February 24th, 2009, 05:20 PM
10,000+ Club

Is that a small pool up see high up just behind that antenna mast (or whatever it is)???

Last edited by mbisson; February 24th, 2009 at 05:21 PM.

Old February 24th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

So what will happen to those of us who've taken the time share tour, paid the $119 but haven't booked yet - are we just out the money or will this new company honor what we've already paid?

Fantasy to Bahamas - 10/04
Fascination to Key West, Playa Del Carmen (Hurricane Wilma took out Cozumel!! ) - 11/05
Inspiration to Cayman and Calica, MX - 11/06
Victory to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands - 11/07
Sensation to Bahamas (with my dd for her b-day!) - 1/08
Inspiration to Cayman and Cozumel - 12/08
Fascination to Half-Moon Cay and Nassau - 8/10
Extended Vacation Living in Puerto Rico -11/12 through 5/13
Fascination to Half-Moon Cay and Nassau - 8/13

Old February 24th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Gets more and more interesting!

mbisson: The picture is just an old promo photo from Color Line (the ship's previous owners) with the logo and the stack photoshopped:
http://www.shippingnet.eu/SEP/040908...e-sells_en.htm
I think what you're seeing is the roof of an equipment shed. Actually the last pics of the ship had most of those forward windscreens on the top deck removed. Will be interesting to see how they lay out the top deck, the ship really wasn't designed for warm destinations (of course this all assumes the ship goes into service at all)

Luv 2 Float: No one will be able to say for sure (heck, I bet Daisy Fuentes doesn't even know!) but Ramada has just put people into timeshare for extra nights if they couldn't get them on the ship for some reason, so you'll be getting a vacation of some sort.

I'm not sure if anyone else got the site to work but none of the hyperlinks are valid on my computer at the office. Could be the blocking software though.

Last edited by robsvacation; February 24th, 2009 at 06:34 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsvacation View Post
mbisson: The picture is just an old promo photo
Rats! Actually, I knew it wouldn't be a present picture but I was sort of hoping that it showed what they intend to do (and in my wishful thinking I saw a pool) LOL

BTW-none of the hyperlinks worked here either

Last edited by mbisson; February 24th, 2009 at 08:13 PM.

Old February 24th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

We just posted a photo of her arriving at Ft. Lauderdale this morning on MaritimeMatters.com. Go to Shipping News Pictures.

Best,

Peter

Old February 24th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

PS. REGAL EMPRESS is old but not rusty, at least not any more rusty than the new mega ships. Putting her down without knowing the ship firsthand is unfortunate. She is limited in her facilities but has infinitely more charm and style than most new ships. You will never see such curves, wood paneling, etched glass and hand-crafted artisanship again. Try to appreciate her history and let her go with some dignity.

Peter

Old February 24th, 2009, 09:34 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMMV Aureol View Post
We just posted a photo of her arriving at Ft. Lauderdale this morning on MaritimeMatters.com. Go to Shipping News Pictures.

Best,

Peter
Wow-thanks for the pictures. If she's in FLL sounds like she'll start carrying passengers soon

Quote:
PS. REGAL EMPRESS is old but not rusty, at least not any more rusty than the new mega ships. Putting her down without knowing the ship firsthand is unfortunate. She is limited in her facilities but has infinitely more charm and style than most new ships. You will never see such curves, wood paneling, etched glass and hand-crafted artisanship again. Try to appreciate her history and let her go with some dignity.

Peter
Perfectly said!

Old February 25th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Well I can't tell if there is a pool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbisson View Post
Rats! Actually, I knew it wouldn't be a present picture but I was sort of hoping that it showed what they intend to do (and in my wishful thinking I saw a pool) LOL

BTW-none of the hyperlinks worked here either
I assume there must be a pool, but you can clearly see in the pics on Maritime Matters that there's definitely a waterslide! All the classic ship people must be gasping! Looks like my guess that they would drop the IM name might be correct, we'll see how long before this becomes the Celebration Cruise Lines board!

Old February 25th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

I also noticed the slide in the photo. I had a wonderful cruise on the RE in Jan. She truly is a treasure. But for what IMCL or whatever name they operate under in the future offers a new Ship would really help their image. I am sort a liner fan and really loved the RE and was fortunate enough to sail on Rembrandt, Seabreeze, Dolphin IV, Enchanted Ise and my all time favorite SS Norway. But most customers of IMCL have never even heard of all of these ships. All they see is a tired old ship that is 1/5 the size of the other Ships that are docked next too in Nassau. They are defintly going to have a product that will appeal more to the masses. If they can bring the level of service and food quality they now have on RE and combine that with the updated ammenites of BC they should really have a nice product. Thanks for the great memories old gal, I hope there is life for her after IMCL.

Last edited by cruisecrazy; February 25th, 2009 at 11:33 AM.

Old February 25th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

You guys feel that the timeshare/Ramada association ruined Imperial Majesty's reputation, but the cold reality is that Regal Empress would have very few, if any, passengers without these promotions. Almost everyone cruises on that ship with some sort of voucher. And I predict that will remain the case with Bahamas Celebration.

No matter how nice the warm weather renovations go, Bahamas Celebration will still pale in comparison next to the ships of Carnival, RCCL, etc. in the eyes of many potential cruisers. The only way for them is to compete is on price and Imperial Majesty's prices for direct booking are not cheap. On a daily basis, at least as much as the major lines. They need the tie-in or some type of gimick.

Old February 25th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Best,

Peter
The Harbor Masters Ship schedule Port of Everglades shows her sailing on 03/04/09 1700 hrs

Old February 25th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable View Post
You guys feel that the timeshare/Ramada association ruined Imperial Majesty's reputation, but the cold reality is that Regal Empress would have very few, if any, passengers without these promotions. Almost everyone cruises on that ship with some sort of voucher. And I predict that will remain the case with Bahamas Celebration.

No matter how nice the warm weather renovations go, Bahamas Celebration will still pale in comparison next to the ships of Carnival, RCCL, etc. in the eyes of many potential cruisers. The only way for them is to compete is on price and Imperial Majesty's prices for direct booking are not cheap. On a daily basis, at least as much as the major lines. They need the tie-in or some type of gimick.
With the new 3-day weekend itinerary the CB is aiming at the same market as the larger cruiseline and it would take ALOT of buffing for this ship to compete.

It is true, IM's fares were always very high per diem compared to other lines if you booked direct, but there are a number of deals timeshare and otherwise out there available.

Speaking of deals I wonder if the "cruise for life" offer that IM did years ago, basically that you paid an amount up front and got unlimited cruises at a discount, is being transferred to the new ship. If that goes away there is a class action suit coming for sure.

Sad to hear that they are letting the staff go. All in all this transition has treating the booking agents like idiots, upset passengers, blown a marketing opportunity and hurt the staff of the old ship. Guys, I don't think that's a good way to run a company!

Old February 26th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
mbisson:
Luv 2 Float: No one will be able to say for sure (heck, I bet Daisy Fuentes doesn't even know!) but Ramada has just put people into timeshare for extra nights if they couldn't get them on the ship for some reason, so you'll be getting a vacation of some sort.
But wait, I paid my money to Imperial Magesty, NOT to Ramada. I thought I did anyway! Even my credit card charge said IM!

Fantasy to Bahamas - 10/04
Fascination to Key West, Playa Del Carmen (Hurricane Wilma took out Cozumel!! ) - 11/05
Inspiration to Cayman and Calica, MX - 11/06
Victory to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands - 11/07
Sensation to Bahamas (with my dd for her b-day!) - 1/08
Inspiration to Cayman and Cozumel - 12/08
Fascination to Half-Moon Cay and Nassau - 8/10
Extended Vacation Living in Puerto Rico -11/12 through 5/13
Fascination to Half-Moon Cay and Nassau - 8/13

Last edited by Luv 2 Float; February 26th, 2009 at 04:32 PM.

Old February 28th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Post Bahamas Celebration

Bahamas Celebration has made its way to Port Everglades and is currently undergoing it's final touches. Though it is set under Celebration Cruises now it is truely an Imperial Majesty ship--they are the new owners. It was set to have its maiden voyage under the new line on Sunday, March 1st but the actual date is pending...
I am a law enforcement official at the Port.

Old March 1st, 2009, 06:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyratt View Post
Bahamas Celebration has made its way to Port Everglades and is currently undergoing it's final touches. Though it is set under Celebration Cruises now it is truely an Imperial Majesty ship--they are the new owners. It was set to have its maiden voyage under the new line on Sunday, March 1st but the actual date is pending...
I am a law enforcement official at the Port.
I am sad. I am sailing on March 18-20 on what I thought was the Regal Empress. I really wish I could have sailed on the RE just because of the history behind her.

I'm sure the new ship will be great though

Old March 1st, 2009, 06:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Peter
I sure wish I could have sailed on her. ANY chance at all they would postpone the RE leaving? I can always hope....I just hope that I get SOME type of ship to sail on on March 18th.

Last edited by Traveller20074; March 1st, 2009 at 06:12 PM.

Old March 1st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

So...great. I might just get to spend 3 days in a motel instead of a cruise. Not to mention, more than a few time-share offers I sure hope you're wrong.

Quote:
mbisson:
snipped

Old March 1st, 2009, 08:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Traveller20074 Its easy to get out of the time share gig, when you go to pick up your cruise tickets or hotel tickets they will sit you down the first question they ask you is your age and do you work full time or part time, to get out of the time share all you have to do is tell them your job just got cut to part time and they will give you the tickets and let you be on your way! :-) Either way if your on the new ship or the old one im sure you will have a great time if your on the new one please take lots and lots of pictures for us, thanks!!
Bahamas Celabration 23-sep-2009, Navigator Of The Seas 05-Mar-2009, Sovereign Of The Seas 20-Oct-2008, Enchantment Of The Seas 11-Sep-2008, Regal Empress 8-Sep-2008, Sovereign Of The Seas 06-Nov-2006, Adventure Of The Seas 28-Aug-2005, Adventure Of The Seas 14-Jul-2002, Majesty Of The Seas 04-Dec-2000,
Majesty Of The Seas 02-Aug-1998