Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Disney Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disney Cruise Line
Read Disney Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Disney Cruise Deals.

Old October 24th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Disney Collectible Pins

hi..

We started out collection of Disney pins fromWDW....Anyone know if this is continued on the ship? Any collectors out there?

Old October 24th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

There were definately "pin parties" on board, and even officers attended and traded the pins, special sales for pins etc etc. I am not a pin collector, but it did seem like a big deal to those who were collectors...

Norwegian Dream December 12, 2004

Old October 25th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We didn't know too much about the pins other than our TA gave us all lanyards and a pin each. Then when we got on board our son wanted to trade some. There is a large selection of pins and many DCL only pins that can only be found on the ship. They also save two new pins for each sailing and they are released while you are onboard. Castaway Cay also has a selection of pins that can only be found and purchased on the island. They also have designated times for the pins to be sold or traded in the Atrium with CMs and officers. Have fun!

MVP = Most Valuable Papi
MP- to make those rought times smooth

We got it on the MOS #155C
DTTT

Old October 25th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Cool Cruiser

You can also buy many pins on Ebay. Watch out - it can be addictive!

Old October 25th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

What is the approximate cost of the pins?

Old October 25th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

There are many pin trading times - normally in the evenings.... The pins cost from (approx.) $6-12. There will be special pins on the 10 day cruise... They also have books of pins that you can trade with - just take one and leave one....

Virgil

Old October 26th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMD
There are many pin trading times - normally in the evenings.... The pins cost from (approx.) $6-12. There will be special pins on the 10 day cruise... They also have books of pins that you can trade with - just take one and leave one....

Virgil
Where do you get the books of pins? Is it before you cruise or on the ship? If it's on the ship, where do you go to get them. I may want to look into this a bit if my daughter is interested.

Old October 27th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruislovin
Where do you get the books of pins? Is it before you cruise or on the ship? If it's on the ship, where do you go to get them. I may want to look into this a bit if my daughter is interested.
You need to buy your first pins. The book that they have is a spiral type notebook with hundreds of common pins. You find one you like - and take it after you've put a pin in the book. The best way to start is to buy some cheap pins off of ebay. Since your cruise is so near - your best bet may be to buy a starter set on the ship. This will consist of a lanyard and 4 pins. There will be 2 different pins - 2 each - 1 to trade and 1 to keep.

Virgil

Old October 27th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMD
You need to buy your first pins. The book that they have is a spiral type notebook with hundreds of common pins. You find one you like - and take it after you've put a pin in the book. The best way to start is to buy some cheap pins off of ebay. Since your cruise is so near - your best bet may be to buy a starter set on the ship. This will consist of a lanyard and 4 pins. There will be 2 different pins - 2 each - 1 to trade and 1 to keep.

Virgil
Thank, Virgil. I did buy a Disnay lanyard on eBay, but did not know it was used for the pins!

Old October 28th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

hey realtorlady,

we have plenty of pin collector going on the 10 day cruise, and DCL has great pins

You can look at www.pinpics.com and search for DCL pins to see them

I have been collecting disney pins since 1999 and I stopped counting my pins when i hit 5000 pins

send me an email and we can talk about pins before we go

djs113@yahoo.com

- David