Disney Collectible Pins

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Disney Cruise Line
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:42 PM.
#2
86 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
There were definately "pin parties" on board, and even officers attended and traded the pins, special sales for pins etc etc. I am not a pin collector, but it did seem like a big deal to those who were collectors...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Magic November 2003

Norwegian Dream December 12, 2004
#3
New England
4,305 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
We didn't know too much about the pins other than our TA gave us all lanyards and a pin each. Then when we got on board our son wanted to trade some. There is a large selection of pins and many DCL only pins that can only be found on the ship. They also save two new pins for each sailing and they are released while you are onboard. Castaway Cay also has a selection of pins that can only be found and purchased on the island. They also have designated times for the pins to be sold or traded in the Atrium with CMs and officers. Have fun!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Magic 01/10/04
Enchantment of the Seas 01/22/05

MVP = Most Valuable Papi
MP- to make those rought times smooth

We got it on the MOS #155C
DTTT
#5
1,395 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
What is the approximate cost of the pins?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
29 cruises and 191 fabulous days at sea,
starting on the RCCL Sun Viking in 1981

Royal Caribbean Diamond Plus
Celebrity Captain's Club Elite
Disney Castaway Club Silver
#6
NY
32 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
There are many pin trading times - normally in the evenings.... The pins cost from (approx.) $6-12. There will be special pins on the 10 day cruise... They also have books of pins that you can trade with - just take one and leave one....

Virgil
#7
1,395 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by WVMD
There are many pin trading times - normally in the evenings.... The pins cost from (approx.) $6-12. There will be special pins on the 10 day cruise... They also have books of pins that you can trade with - just take one and leave one....

Virgil
Where do you get the books of pins? Is it before you cruise or on the ship? If it's on the ship, where do you go to get them. I may want to look into this a bit if my daughter is interested.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
29 cruises and 191 fabulous days at sea,
starting on the RCCL Sun Viking in 1981

Royal Caribbean Diamond Plus
Celebrity Captain's Club Elite
Disney Castaway Club Silver
#8
NY
32 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by cruislovin
Where do you get the books of pins? Is it before you cruise or on the ship? If it's on the ship, where do you go to get them. I may want to look into this a bit if my daughter is interested.
You need to buy your first pins. The book that they have is a spiral type notebook with hundreds of common pins. You find one you like - and take it after you've put a pin in the book. The best way to start is to buy some cheap pins off of ebay. Since your cruise is so near - your best bet may be to buy a starter set on the ship. This will consist of a lanyard and 4 pins. There will be 2 different pins - 2 each - 1 to trade and 1 to keep.

Virgil
#9
1,395 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by WVMD
You need to buy your first pins. The book that they have is a spiral type notebook with hundreds of common pins. You find one you like - and take it after you've put a pin in the book. The best way to start is to buy some cheap pins off of ebay. Since your cruise is so near - your best bet may be to buy a starter set on the ship. This will consist of a lanyard and 4 pins. There will be 2 different pins - 2 each - 1 to trade and 1 to keep.

Virgil
Thank, Virgil. I did buy a Disnay lanyard on eBay, but did not know it was used for the pins!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
29 cruises and 191 fabulous days at sea,
starting on the RCCL Sun Viking in 1981

Royal Caribbean Diamond Plus
Celebrity Captain's Club Elite
Disney Castaway Club Silver
#10
Long Island, NY
21 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
hey realtorlady,


we have plenty of pin collector going on the 10 day cruise, and DCL has great pins

You can look at www.pinpics.com and search for DCL pins to see them

I have been collecting disney pins since 1999 and I stopped counting my pins when i hit 5000 pins

send me an email and we can talk about pins before we go

djs113@yahoo.com

- David