Carnival house party

sjram

I am sure I am not the only one that recieved an email to host a house party for Carnival, but is there anything in it for me if I do this? All the email says is that they will send you all the "stuff" you need. I would be more than willing to do it if I get some sort of reward out of it (OBC, upgrade, etc.) but I don't want to go through the trouble if all I am doing is helping them book passengers. I know there was a thread about someone that got a call from their PVP for a paarty and can't find it. Does anyone else have more info on these parties?

I belong to house party and also got the email to sign up. Generally with house party you get freebies to pass out to your friends at the party along with ideas and such. But as far as I know, you do not get anything from carnival other than that. They are set up for people to promote their cruise line. House Party does this for many companies.

I am sure I am not the only one that recieved an email to host a house party for Carnival, but is there anything in it for me if I do this? All the email says is that they will send you all the "stuff" you need. I would be more than willing to do it if I get some sort of reward out of it (OBC, upgrade, etc.) but I don't want to go through the trouble if all I am doing is helping them book passengers. I know there was a thread about someone that got a call from their PVP for a paarty and can't find it. Does anyone else have more info on these parties?

WOW... My opinion is so very different from yours... I wish I could have signed up to the Carnival Sunday Fun Party and would have done it for absolutely nothing in return except all the fun of it...

I can't wait for the next one because I'm going to be the 1st one to sign up for it!!

I guess if you don't want to do it if there is nothing in it for you then just don't reply to the email...

Elaine, According to John Heald's blog House Party is still accepting applications to host a party until the 6th. Those chosen will be notified on the 11th.

I agree with you. I signed up to host one just for the fun of it.....If I get picked I'll finally have a use for all those DOD glasses in my cupboard!!!

Elaine, According to John Heald's blog House Party is still accepting applications to host a party until the 6th. Those chosen will be notified on the 11th.

I agree with you. I signed up to host one just for the fun of it.....If I get picked I'll finally have a use for all those DOD glasses in my cupboard!!!

Thnx Burchrod... but while I am sad that I couldn't sign up for this one.. (I know it hasn't closed yet) I'll be having a REAL Carnival Sunday Fun Day on the Valor that same day with John himself!!! :)

Thnx Burchrod... but while I am sad that I couldn't sign up for this one.. (I know it hasn't closed yet) I'll be having a REAL Carnival Sunday Fun Day on the Valor that same day with John himself!!! :)

Sorry to disappoint you but John made public on the blog today that he will be leaving the Valor in March 19 to do some promotional stuff for the Splendor on the west coast.

I'm sure that MANY folks are bummed out by this but that's just the way John's job is these days... Carnival tells him where they need him and off he goes!

I signed up just for kicks. Have no idea what I'm getting myself into if I get picked.

Are a bunch of cruise crazy strangers going to be coming to my house??

I suspect that the intent is to get a mix of savvy cruisers and folks who have never cruised but are interested.

When cruisers get together with potential newbies the conversation never strays from ships, food, ports, food, DODs, food, entertainment and food!!!

It's folks like us who are Carnival's best advertising!

:)

I didn't mean to not sound "merry". I also absolutely love cruising and cannot stop singing Carnival's praises to anyone I talk to. I just find it interesting that so many of you would be willing to do so much free advertising for them. It would make sense to me that they would offer a thank you gift. If you do a candle/tupperware/pampered chef type party they give you a gift for hosting the party. People will obviously book cruises after attending these parties (who wouldn't) so it would make sense to me that they would give a thank you gift since it is essentially all the hosts making the money for them-free advertising. Sorry if I offended anyone, I was just curious.

I've done House Party before and I got the email on the Carnival one so signed up right away. They will look for past Carnival guests who sing their praises, House Party is advertising and biased, but its a good time and a good excuse to have friends over with no pressure to buy anything. I have always been pleased with the gifts/party favors they've sent.

I know exactly why we get chosen each time we do. One was for Ford and most the people selected owned a Mustang, it was when they were promoting the Breast Cancer Awareness Mustang.

I'm also a house party member - am getting ready to host a South Beach Diet party later this month. FYI - it's not strangers coming to your house - it's people YOU invite! You set up a party page on their site, send out evites to people, they reply then everyone blogs about it after the party's over. For the actual party, you get a party package of stuff, plan things to do/games to play and basically just have a fun time at your house with someone else supplying the supplies! I entered the minute I found out about this one and will be SO happy if I'm selected to host it as well!

Archived