Corkage fee??

If the wine is delivered to the dining room, no fee. If it is delivered to their cabin and they carry it to the dining room, my experience has been they will charge the fee-even if the bottle was originally purchased from RCI.

If the wine is delivered to the dining room, no fee. If it is delivered to their cabin and they carry it to the dining room, my experience has been they will charge the fee-even if the bottle was originally purchased from RCI.

I think that what we are learning on these boards is that such things vary wildly from ship to ship and even from crew member to crew member. We were on the Explorer in August of 2002. We <ahem> *borrowed* a bottle of unopened wine from a reception we attended and carried it with us into the dining room. The waiter was about to charge us a corkage fee, until I said, "But it's one of RCI's bottles." And he didn't charge us.

Who knows what anyone will encounter these days? Seems to be a crap shoot.

Good luck, mringenoldus.

Carol

I have received a bottle of wine in my room from TA and from friends - they did not charge us when we took it to the Dining Room to have for dinner. We just advised it was a gift and we exchanged it for a cold bottle of wine and had it for dinner. No problem.

Kayak

plyman69--There is to be NO talking of bodily functions on these boards! :p

(Although I did laugh out loud and nearly choked on my coffee!)

To the OP, I don't have any input on the 'corkage' fee, but I do hope the cruise works out for your relatives. I know all the hard work you've put into their trip.

I agree that men should be issued a cork around age 14!!

Thanks for all the help - now my lasy yasks are to find a decent one-way airfare from Phoenix to San Jaun, a good hotel for the night before, and recommend the best excursions to them. This is actually fun for me (but it would be more fun if I was going too!)

This RCCL board is great!

Archived