Wine & Champagne

TrayceeJ

Princesss states on their website that they allow passengers to bring their own wine and champagne on board for celebrations. We will be celebrating 2 birthdays and an anniversary with our group. Who has done this and what are appropriate amounts in your opinions? Please don't put me in the booze smuggling category. I plan to carry it on in clear view based on Princesses on guidlines. Thank you for your replies.

Tracy

Tracy,

I don't think it matters how much you bring. On one RCL cruise, we saw a man go through security with an entire case of wine. Everything you walk on with will more than likely go through an X-ray machine, just pack them in your carry-on bag safely so if the bag falls over, nothing will break.

The cruise line may charge you a corking fee (the website might have the cost posted). And they may (or may not) take possession of it to serve it to you when you want it (that's how the control charging you a corking fee).

Enjoy!!

tigre

Earlier this year on our "Sun" cruise, we hand carried 4 bottles of wine with us..no problems......took them different nights to the Dining Room (PCD) and each night the waiter said "I am not going to charge you corkage".

cheers,

marc

I spoke with a Princess representative last night concerning this very question. I was told that wine and champaign is allowed to be brought on board with no limit of how much. However there is (or not depending on your server at dinner) a corkage fee if the wine/champaign is consumed in the dining rooms. There is no charge if the wine/champaign is consumed in your cabin.

Archived