Bringing your own alcohol

jenejay

I just returned from the Glory cruise (10/9-16/2004) and I found no problems with my alcohol. I put it in plastic flasks and pcked it up with the rest of my bags. My friend packed her's in her bags,unopened and in their original containers;she also had no problems with it. Either way, we tried both and got it through just the same. So, give it a shot! I will again on the next cruise, too!!

Recently went on the Dawn and had no problem "smuggling" alcohol. Here's my suggestion:

Buy a cheap bottle of mouthwash. Dump it out and wash the bottle in the diswasher. Fill with desired alcohol and add food coloring. Swirl and you have really YUMMY mouthwash. Worked like a charm. Our luggage was scanned and when we went to retrieve it we pulled out the bottle of "mouthwash" and they apologized and sent us on our merry way. By adding the food coloring it looks exactly like mouthwash.

I guess it only really works with clear alcohol.

Happy Cruising

I was "busted" We spent the night before at a hotel but we got in so late no one wanted the Corona's or rum cokes that we had brought and I thought would be finished before the cruise. I didn't want to throw out good booze so I put them in my carryon along with the bottle of wine that I had planned on bringing. When they put the carryon throught the security check I got pulled aside. They took the beer and the rum but left the bottle of wine. I could pick up the beer and rum after the cruise which was fine with me because we were staying in a hotel for 2 nights post cruise. Only problem, I forgot to pick it up at the table because we were in such a hurry to catch our connection. So lost my beer anyhow and took a lot of ribbing.

Does Carnival offer an in room bar service? On NCL you can order up to 3 bottles of your favorite brands for a relatively reasonable amount, they also kick in the mixers. I looked on the Carnival website, and did not find any information, if you can save me a phone call (hold time) I would appreciate it

Thanks

I don't go through the trouble that many go through.... I just pack the bottles, in their original bottles (this time I took 4 GLASS fifths, packed in 2 suitcases)... they arrived in tact, in my room and my WONDERFUL steward kept them iced down.... still not sure how I STILL managed a $620 S&S bill :eek: but it's all good :p I think just about everyone in our group did the same thing as far as packing, and everyone's booze arrived safely...

.. still not sure how I STILL managed a $620 S&S bill :eek: but it's all good :p I think just about everyone in our group did the same thing as far as packing, and everyone's booze arrived safely...

Holy ship GC! you definately know how to live the good life :D

I don't go through the trouble that many go through.... I just pack the bottles, in their original bottles (this time I took 4 GLASS fifths, packed in 2 suitcases)... they arrived in tact, in my room and my WONDERFUL steward kept them iced down.... still not sure how I STILL managed a $620 S&S bill :eek: but it's all good :p I think just about everyone in our group did the same thing as far as packing, and everyone's booze arrived safely...
Same here, just packed 5 bottles in my bags and set them up on the table, room steward kept the ice up all the time, gave her 2 half bottles when I left. I even brought some on from the port, just walked on by under my arm.:D

In St. Marteen this summer, we went into a liquoer store and were looking at the vodka prices which were real cheap. We thought "gee that would save us a ton on our sail and sign cards but, how do we carry it back on". Well, the store owner knew just what we were thinking and asked if we wanted to buy. He said that he had the answer and to follow him. On one side of his store he had about 200 empty booze bottles. He proceeded to take our vodka and pour it into litre bottles of water. He poured the rum into litres of coke. We walked right on the ship with bottles in hand. $9.99 for vodka, $1.99 for water! It was priceless!

Archived