Waitlisted for late seating, has this happened 2 u?

newt98

I booked last month a summer cruise and asked for early dining. I checked today and it appears that they changed to late dining (waitlisted). This bothers me as I will be platinum on this cruise and i thought that they are supposed toi give me the time I want.

Nah, they are covering their butts. Alot of people are complaining about getting onboard and them saying your dinner is not at the time you requested. Phone call to Carnival and they said that it is supposed to be for you to go to the Matre' D and verify so they will know your coming. Ttthhhhh!!!

I complained! Its bull. I am waitlisted also as of this morning. But quite honestly I have always gotten the dining time I have always wanted. I am just going to show up to the early seating as requested and they will just have to find room for me. I have been booked for over a year.

They said once they confirm your dining time they will send you a confirmation email.

She also said that some ships are undergoing anytime dining, but not all ships at this time.

My ship Ecstasy and Triumph are not yet. She said you will have to call to see if your ship is doing the anytime.

But back to the waitlist, she said it has nothing to do with the anytime dining. It has to do with just confirming it....blah, blah....she said they are just implimenting something new...

How do I find out if we are waitlisted?:rolleyes: We signed up for our cruise back in Feb. I sure don't want to be put on the early seating. I hate the idea of having to rush back to the ship to eat! Grrr!:mad: Oh well, whatever, at least I'll be on a cruise!:D Do I have to call to find out if we're waitlisted!:confused:

How do I find out if we are waitlisted?:rolleyes: We signed up for our cruise back in Feb. I sure don't want to be put on the early seating. I hate the idea of having to rush back to the ship to eat! Grrr!:mad: Oh well, whatever, at least I'll be on a cruise!:D Do I have to call to find out if we're waitlisted!:confused:

It appears that everyone is waitlisted according to Carnival's website; even Platinum guests. My guess is that this is the result of some brainstorming session during which a joint was being passed around.

I hope we get a answer to this. I just noticed we also are wait listed for our 4-12-09 cruise and I booked this months ago. I was surprised also because we are vip. Karon:)

I just noticed on another thread that several of Carnival's ships are going to anytime dining...I wonder if us being waitlisted is because we are going to be assigned anytime dining????

I hope we get a answer to this. I just noticed we also are wait listed for our 4-12-09 cruise and I booked this months ago. I was surprised also because we are vip. Karon:)

I booked last month a summer cruise and asked for early dining. I checked today and it appears that they changed to late dining (waitlisted). This bothers me as I will be platinum on this cruise and i thought that they are supposed toi give me the time I want.

Everyone is "waitlisted" with the exception of Platinum and Elite members who are guaranteed to get their choice. When you make your reservations for a Carnival cruise, you are asked which dining time you would prefer and it is then noted... BUT, it is not guaranteed, never has been. It's just a request. Most of the time you are given your request. And unfortunately, it doesn't matter if you booked your cruise last year or last week. And not all Carnival ships are going anytime dining yet.

For the far and few between, all you need to do is go to the Maitre'd in the dining room around 1:00/2:00 on the 1st day and ask him very nicely to be changed. If he can do it, it will be done. It is usually much easier to change from early to late. It is also much easier when you're cruising off-season.

Also, don't be nasty to the Maitre'd, don't be mean, don't threaten him... it will get your nowheres. I have seen/found that if you are nice, hi, how are you, etc and ask for the change it will/can get done if possible before someone who is not nice to the Staff.

Karon, are you VIP because of the category you're booked in or VIP Platinum. If Platinum, you will get your choice.

dclark, you WILL get your choice. And if any Platinum/Elite Member happens to not get their preferred choice, again, all you have to do is go to the Maitre'd, wait on line, show him your card, and the dining time WILL get changed.

Hope this clears up alot of confusion.

Our docs say that we're waitlisted also and we're Platinum so I think they're just putting it on everyone's paperwork. Even when Carnival does offer anytime dining on all of it's ships, the traditional dining is supposed to still be available.

And if any Platinum/Elite Member happens to not get their preferred choice, again, all you have to do is go to the Maitre'd, wait on line, show him your card, and the dining time WILL get changed.

You're right that it will get changed, but no platinum guest should have to waste time that first day doing something that should have been taken care of before boarding.

It appears that everyone is waitlisted according to Carnival's website; even Platinum guests. My guess is that this is the result of some brainstorming session during which a joint was being passed around.

Oh man....this cracked me up!

BTW ~ I noticed we're waitlisted too for early dining on our 4/9/09 Ecstasy cruise....we were not waitlisted last week when I looked but when I looked Friday I noticed we were...not big deal....we'll go to diner whatever time they want us too..we're on vacation with a go-with-the flow attitude!

I don't understand what everyone is upset about. Unless you are platinum your dining time was never guaranteed, regardless of what any TA or PVP told you or the site said. All my docs showed early dining last year like I requested. We had late when we got there. Docs and online means nothing, it's a preference, a request for dining and nothing more.

Those that are Platinum will get their requested time, they won't have to do anything when they get on board. Everyone else may receive their requested time or they may not. Nothing new, that's how it's always been.

Also it doesn't matter how far out you made your reservation, assigning seems to be random chance. If you don't get your time try to have it changed on board the first day. If you want to just show up at the requested time even though you weren't assigned that time, you are welcome to. But you will not be seated or served. You'll just look like fool for demanding they change the rules for you and not all the other passengers and be turned away.

we were waitlisted for late seating, has anybody here had this done? do you usually end up with the time you requested?

I think there must be a glitch or something bec I just went and looked and I too have been waitlisted. It just seems odd that so many of us on different ships are now on the list. I have never had them change my dinning time on me.

I would rather have early dinning but I will not die if they put me in late. I just want to know what I have to do to be put next to a window. Two cruises and I'm always about as far away from a windo as you can get.

Everyone is "waitlisted" with the exception of Platinum and Elite members who are guaranteed to get their choice. When you make your reservations for a Carnival cruise, you are asked which dining time you would prefer and it is then noted... BUT, it is not guaranteed, never has been. It's just a request. Most of the time you are given your request. And unfortunately, it doesn't matter if you booked your cruise last year or last week. And not all Carnival ships are going anytime dining yet.

For the far and few between, all you need to do is go to the Maitre'd in the dining room around 1:00/2:00 on the 1st day and ask him very nicely to be changed. If he can do it, it will be done. It is usually much easier to change from early to late. It is also much easier when you're cruising off-season.

Also, don't be nasty to the Maitre'd, don't be mean, don't threaten him... it will get your nowheres. I have seen/found that if you are nice, hi, how are you, etc and ask for the change it will/can get done if possible before someone who is not nice to the Staff.

Karon, are you VIP because of the category you're booked in or VIP Platinum. If Platinum, you will get your choice.

dclark, you WILL get your choice. And if any Platinum/Elite Member happens to not get their preferred choice, again, all you have to do is go to the Maitre'd, wait on line, show him your card, and the dining time WILL get changed.

Hope this clears up alot of confusion.

Hi i noticed your great pic of FSU:) My daughter is a Junior there and my son will be joining her in the Fall:D I'm not far from Boynton.. Just a bit north in Jensen Beach

GO NOLES:p

This is something new that Carnival is doing. If you look on the first couple of pages of the Carnival board, you will find 5 threads about this if you want to read more.

The seating time you request is just that.....a request. Even though it used to say "late" or "early" on your documents, it is only what you have requested. You are never guaranteed that time (unless you are a Platinum cruiser). You find out what you actually have been assigned once you check in for your cruise and receive your S&S card.

For those who have requested late seating, you have an excellent chance of getting it. Early is usually harder to get into because it is the more popular seating. If you don't get what you requested, see the Maitre D' and ask to be changed.....he will try his best to help you.

Archived