~~Sensation March 29-April 2 Pictorial Review~~

mom2girls

We left Orlando around 10:00. Unfortunately, the weather was rainy, but it didn’t deter us from our destination. We arrived in Port Canaveral around 10:45. The site of the Sensation next to the Disney Magic was awesome! This site of course helped to build the anticipation even more. We dropped off 2 bags that needed to be check-in, then proceeded to the parking lot. We got a pretty good spot, which told us there weren’t too many people in front of us. We went through the check-in line around 11:10. And, we are on board eating lunch around 11:35. It was definitely a very smooth check-in. I was impressed with the people who work at the port. They were definitely doing everything they possibly could to get everyone in the mood for the cruise. They had maroccas, and they were encouraging us to cheer when they called our zone.

Once on board we explored the ship. We did hang out a little while on the lido deck, but the cloudy rainy weather was a bit discouraging. I am happy to say that the sun finally did come out at sailaway. At 3:00 I went to the Mirage Bar to meet up with my roll call. It was kind of nice to put faces to the people I have been chatting with for the past few months. After the roll call meeting was the muster drill. We were muster drill F which was on the Lido deck. This wasn’t too bad, but we were lucky enough to grab a chair before it started. It could have been a pain if we had to stand for most of it. I did notice that some of the muster stations were inside. Since we didn’t want to go back to the room to put our life vests away for fear of missing sailaway we just headed to the aft of the boat in hopes of seeing dolphins following us out. I have to say that we were not disappointed.

Sensation007.jpg

Sensation011.jpg

Sensation010.jpg

Sensationday3-4024.jpg

We left Orlando around 10:00. Unfortunately, the weather was rainy, but it didn’t deter us from our destination. We arrived in Port Canaveral around 10:45. The site of the Sensation next to the Disney Magic was awesome! This site of course helped to build the anticipation even more. We dropped off 2 bags that needed to be check-in, then proceeded to the parking lot. We got a pretty good spot, which told us there weren’t too many people in front of us. We went through the check-in line around 11:10. And, we are on board eating lunch around 11:35. It was definitely a very smooth check-in. I was impressed with the people who work at the port. They were definitely doing everything they possibly could to get everyone in the mood for the cruise. They had maroccas, and they were encouraging us to cheer when they called our zone.

Once on board we explored the ship. We did hang out a little while on the lido deck, but the cloudy rainy weather was a bit discouraging. I am happy to say that the sun finally did come out at sailaway. At 3:00 I went to the Mirage Bar to meet up with my roll call. It was kind of nice to put faces to the people I have been chatting with for the past few months. After the roll call meeting was the muster drill. We were muster drill F which was on the Lido deck. This wasn’t too bad, but we were lucky enough to grab a chair before it started. It could have been a pain if we had to stand for most of it. I did notice that some of the muster stations were inside. Since we didn’t want to go back to the room to put our life vests away for fear of missing sailaway we just headed to the aft of the boat in hopes of seeing dolphins following us out. I have to say that we were not disappointed.

Sensation007.jpg

Sensation011.jpg

Sensation010.jpg

Sensationday3-4024.jpg

Awsome so Far...:D Must have more PLEASE...:)

At 5:00, I quickly grabbed some sushi before the Camp Carnival meeting that was scheduled for 5:15. I had Tuna and Tiger Shrimp. They both were very good. We went to the Camp Carnival meeting where they did their best to get the kids excited. I was impressed to hear that there were over 750 kids on board this cruise! (250 of those kids were in the 9-11 age group.) After the meeting we went back to the room to change for dinner because Emily wanted to go to Camp an hour before dinner. So, Megan and I dropped her off.

We then, went to the aft of the ship so that we could enjoy the sunset. I have to say watching the sun sink into the ocean is a site that everyone should see at least once in their lives. It was breathtakingly beautiful! We hung out for a little while, then went to pick Emily up. I’m glad that we got there early as there was a line of people from early dinner that were waiting to drop their kids off. Once we got Emily we proceeded to the Fantasy dining for our 8:15 seating. This was a pleasant experience as our waitress tried her best to make everyone happy. I had somewhere along the line gotten a pretty bad headache, so unfortunately we didn’t make it to the show this night. But, we hoped to make one of the shows later on in the cruise.

Sensation006.jpg

Sensation014.jpg

Sensation020.jpg

Sensation021.jpg

Sensation022.jpg

I love the palm trees on the Lido deck, I missed them on the Inspiration, I am glad they opted for the more traditional look on the new upgrades.

It does seem as though the upgrades are a little more traditional. They did enhance the tropical feeling. :)

On the second day of the cruise I woke up bright and early. So, I headed to the lido deck to catch the sunrise. It was another gorgeous one. I have to say watching the sun rise or set while on a cruise ship is a must do even if you only do it once. After the sunrise I went to see if the girls were awake. They were, so we headed back up to the Lido deck for breakfast. They had the typical fare: Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc. If you wanted an omelet they were making them on the outside of the lounge where they cook the hamburgers. After breakfast we headed back to the room to get the things we would need for the beach. We were finally ready to head down to the 3rd floor, so we could exit the ship.

We were looking forward to visiting Freeport. We walked to the area where you wait for a taxi. We were happy to share a taxi with one of the people from our roll call. (Jeannie, we really did love hanging out with you. And, the girls really took a shining to Spencer.) When we arrived at the beach there really weren’t that many people there. But, there were of course many people offering to braid our hair or sell us their trinkets. One of them kindly got the man who was renting the beach chairs. The sand at this beach must have been the softest sand I have ever felt. It was like baby powder. The water was a bit cool for my liking, but the girls seemed to enjoy it.

Sensation056.jpg

Sensation061.jpg

Sensation074.jpg

Sensation080.jpg

Sensation084.jpg

If you do end up going to Our Lucaya be sure to bring water with you. Nothing opens until 11:00. We were really thirsty by that time! We did check out a couple of stores on our way back to wait for the taxi, but we didn’t buy anything. When we got back on the ship we enjoyed a quick lunch. (I had an awesome Reuben from the deli.) Then, we went to the water park since it wasn’t too crowded.

Sensation002.jpg

Sensation003.jpg

Sensation005.jpg

Sensation091.jpg

Sensation093.jpg

At 2:00 the girls wanted to go to Camp, so they went to Camp, and I went to enjoy the Serenity area. I have to say that this is the place to go to when you want some peace and quiet. I picked the girls up at 4:00. We watched the sailaway from Freeport, then we went to the cabin to get ready for the Captain’s cocktail party. We were ready a little early, so I headed to the sushi bar, but unfortunately it wasn’t open. I was a little bummed, but I survived. We hung out at the Mirage Bar for a little while, and I took pictures of the girls dressed in their nice dresses. Then, we headed to cocktail party. The girls were so happy that they had fruit punch that they had 4 glasses! I also had several glasses of champagne. I am happy to say that they now have to cocktail parties again. I think it’s unfair to those who have early dinner to only have one.

Sensation094.jpg

SensationDay2and3013.jpg

SensationDay2and3001.jpg

SensationDay2and3011.jpg

SensationDay2and3019.jpg

At 2:00 the girls wanted to go to Camp, so they went to Camp, and I went to enjoy the Serenity area. I have to say that this is the place to go to when you want some peace and quiet. I picked the girls up at 4:00. We watched the sailaway from Freeport, then we went to the cabin to get ready for the Captain’s cocktail party. We were ready a little early, so I headed to the sushi bar, but unfortunately it wasn’t open. I was a little bummed, but I survived. We hung out at the Mirage Bar for a little while, and I took pictures of the girls dressed in their nice dresses. Then, we headed to cocktail party. The girls were so happy that they had fruit punch that they had 4 glasses! I also had several glasses of champagne. I am happy to say that they now have to cocktail parties again. I think it’s unfair to those who have early dinner to only have one.

Sensation094.jpg

SensationDay2and3013.jpg

SensationDay2and3001.jpg

SensationDay2and3011.jpg

SensationDay2and3019.jpg

The girls look beautiful! More, more, please. We are sailing the Sensation in February 2010. It will be our second time on her but a first for our two grandkids (3 1/2 and 7). Can't wait to see the make-over. What is your opinion of the water park for someone as young as 3?

The girls look beautiful! More, more, please. We are sailing the Sensation in February 2010. It will be our second time on her but a first for our two grandkids (3 1/2 and 7). Can't wait to see the make-over. What is your opinion of the water park for someone as young as 3?

Thank you so much! More will be coming soon. It just takes me a while to remember everything. I want to do a good job. :) As for the water park there is a height restriction for the slides. But, the younger kids did seem to love the sprinkler type things that were there. :D

OMG!! Your girls are just BEEEEUTIFUL!!:D I think I read your review last years, can't forget those pretty faces. Seems like you 3 ladies have a good time when you cruise. Cherish every moment. Love all the sunset and sunrise pics. Where am I when that happens:o

Archived