Liquor Set Up on Spirit

rktilleryj

If you buy it in the shop they keep it until the last day. However, they have some very good deals in the duty free shop. As far as purchasing on board, I beleive that this is possible. On the 10/23 Sun we were supposed to have a bar setup. The wine made it but the liqour did not. We went to the desk and informed them, but the person in charge was not available. Finally at 1pm on day 2 of the cruise my wife went down and told them to send it up and charge it to the room and we would resolve the issue of charges later. They agreed to do this. However, before they charged our account, they had gotten in touch with home base and discovered their error. So, this leads me to beleive that the set up can be purchased on ship. Then only thing is that they might include the 15% gratuity if purchased on board. That would be substantial $7.50 for a $50 charge.

Someone who has actually purchased the set up on ship may know the answer to the gratuity question.

1kykat,

I am sure that there is someone on this board that can answer for sure. I have not ordered after boarding except wine. I know that that is permissable. I feel that you can probably order the bar set up after boarding also. I am sure someone will let us know for sure. However, if you do, it will be the $50 per bottle deal not the low priced liquor in the duty free onboard shop. Also, there may be a 15% gratuity in addition.

We preordered bar setup on the Spirit. It was $50 plus a $3 setup fee for 1L Tanqueray gin. We also requested Bacardi Limon, but were told we would have to order it onboard. It wasn't available for preorder. So we got on the ship and asked for a bottle on Bacardi Limon. It was ours for the grand price of $100(24 servings @ $4.25 a serving). Not worth it. The sad part was we didn't even finish what we did order. At least we could take it home with us.

I have read numerous posts regarding the option of purchasing a liquor set up prior to crusing. Is it possible to purchase this after you are on board?

Just read on another thread, call NCL's std number, 1-800-327-7030, follow options leading to "Amenities".

:cool: I just called 866 625 1159 to order vodka for our room. Was told I could bring my own club soda on board. Just had to fax them to let the know that I would be carrying it on board.

Told me to order my limes from room service.

I certainly do hope that it arrives in our room.

Archived