Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic

Old May 18th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Post New Kids on the Block Cruise Big Hit for Fans, Carnival

Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

New Kids on the Block Cruise Big Hit for Fans, Carnival

Read the entire news article...

Old May 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default nkotb cruise

I recently took my wife on this cruise to live out her dream of meeting the NKOTB. After she begged me to take her I decided to find us tickets. We seached and called the travel agency selling the tickets and all the tickets were gone. Finally I decided to look on Ebay where this couple were selling their tickets. We took a chance and bought them. My wife was so excited because on the website they said they were going to have a meet and greet with photo ops, 2 deck partys one with nkotb and one with the dj, concert, question and answer session with nkotb and nkotb trivia games. The trip started off bad, our plane ride was cancelled like five times. We were suppose to leave at 7:55 am but we ended up having to drive to another airport which was 2 1/2 hours away from our house to catch a flight to miami. We finally arrived at 9pm. When we got to the hotel they lost our reservation had no clue of who we were. Luckly we brought the labtop and had proof we did pay in full for the hotel room. My wife had confirmed our reservations the night before and 2 times before that. They did give us a junior suite but the airconditioner did not work well because it was extremly hot in our room. We were so disappointed with our room on the cruise it was dirty it had hair on the sign in the bathroom hanging up by the towels stating we like to save water please reuse towels. My wife threw it in the trash, but the house keeper took it out and wiped all but one hair off. There was hair in our bed also. It was nasty. The website we bought our cruise from has now changed the meet and greet to photo session in groups of 10 it was noted on the ship that, we would not be able to ask for autographs, hugs and no cameras inside. Every event was packed we had no idea there was going to be over 2000 people on board. The travel agents website has a list of the cabins if you count the list it does not reflect 2000 people. That is not the point of how many people were on the cruise but how they accomadated all those people. The events were split up into two groups that means at least 1000 people were in a small concert hall with not enought seats for everyone. People had to stand to fit, some had no seats to sit in. TO be able to see you had to stand, you had no choice. In the concert they requested everyone stand. If your short you were SOL all you could see were heads of other people taking pics it was dark and hard to move around but people did move. WE had staff members serving drinks bringing recipts, we had two women beside us that were staff wearing the white uniforms standing in our way taking pics. The girl I was next to had this thing that made a really loud noise no one could stand even the staff got on to her. She recorded the show even though she was told not to. when the staff came up to see he spilt her wine glass on my wife seat and we had to smell her cheap wine the rest of the concerrt. IT REALLY SUCKED. The meet and greet was not happening and did not happen like they had said at the begining. The photo session was walking up behind the nkotb being pushed along by the staff and lasted as long as you can smile and they can push the button. Every event you had to stand in line for at least 2 if not 3 hours we stood in line for the concert for 2 1/2 hours and because of our bracelet color seating we still got sucky seats. I just feel like after paying $3500. for the cruise it self NOT including the airfare and hotel and parking and cabs, it was a waste of our money. I knew going into it the girls were going to act crazy and we werent going to spend alot of time with the nkotb but we just wanted a handshake and a hello and maybe an autograph, but none of that happened. I just dont know how much more money I have to spend to get an autograph and a handshake. I was sure we would at least got that for the amount of money we spent. You can get more for your money if you just buy the five star concert tickets. My wife went to a concert and spent about 500 for two tickets and saw more of the nkotb than we did on the ship although we did not get to meet them at either place I was hoping spending that amount we would for sure on the cruise. We both are disappointed my wife heart broken and I am sure she is not the only one.

Thanks jkochan

Old May 20th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have a friend that went and had a terrific time. I guess that it depends on what expectations you have.

Old May 20th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

You should get what you pay for no matter what the expectations are.

Old May 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Note***

When ever you type a whole novel on a message board, please use the enter button and put spaces between paragraphs.

I read it, but I kept losing my line. Sorry to hear the room was so dirty, did you tell anyone? You probably could have gotten some help. Sounds like they didn't clean the room first. Though you had a bad time leading up to the cruise which probably hurt your opinion of it as well.

"You get what you pay for"

I agree, but I enjoyed a cheap cruise on an old ship, I am sure I could find more enjoyment on a massive new ship. But any vacation is only as fun as you want it to be.

Carnival Fantasy Mexico 8/31/2009

Escape from Mardi Gras cruise

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkochan View Post
You should get what you pay for no matter what the expectations are.
I went on this cruise and we did get what we paid for. Never were we promised a meet & greet. It was always just a photo opp. And while we were only promised that NKOTB would be at 1 deck party, they were at the sail away party and first night's deck party, and some of them attended the 2nd and 3rd night's deck parties as well. This was all in addition to the concert, Q&A and game show.

I'd also just like to comment on the 2,000 people on board. I'm a member of the NKOTB fan site and the first thing almost everyone I know did was to check Carnival's website to see the capacity of the ship, which is about 2,000. If you really wanted to know in advance how many people might be on board, it was fairly easy to guess.

I'm sorry you don't feel that you got what you paid for, but the fact is we did. The people I've seen who are unhappy about the experience had expectations beyond what was promised to us.

Carnival Valor November 6-13, 2011
Carnival Destiny May 12-16, 2011
Carnival Imagination May 14-17, 2010
Carnival Imagination May 15-18, 2009
Celebrity Horizon 1990-ish

Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

I missed the boat...this year anyway! I've read so many mixed reviews and heard first hand so many testimonies and I'll still try and do it if they schedule another one.

I've decided that I have to have the attitude that I'm getting a concert and photo op, chocolate melting cake and a chance to spend time with friends. And yes it's very expensive but eh I've been to 6 shows (7 in july) so what's another $1000 lol.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

And as Jay Leno said: "NKOTB are now doing cruises? Where are those darned Pirates when you need them?"

Old June 7th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

I have heard rumors about two more in the works..but only rumors and have had no confirmation. Possibly one November 2009 and Summer 2010. The guys did ask us multiple times (Q&A/concert/deck party) if anyone would be interested in another in 6 months..which would be November.

No clue if there is any truth behind this, info is again rumored to have come from NKOTB or Rose staff that worked on this past cruise, but I did not hear it straight from the source so take it with a grain of salt.

I will now begin watching these boards for another cruise that has been chartered. I only ask that NKOTB give us some time to actually think about it, like more than the 48 hours we got last time. Although it only took me about 5 seconds to say I was going!

Old August 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

I'm booked for the next one - ready to start packing but holding off for about 8 more months :-)

As for Pirates - Like Donnie said, the Army would kick their arses before they could even get on the boat.

Old August 11th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sorry to hear the cruise did not live up to your expectations. Sometimes the advance hype of a celebrity cruise does not live up to the actual experience. I've been on a few, and my experiences have been mixed, particularly on the big ships on the cheaper cruises. The smaller, more expensive cruises with celebrities deliver much more. But overall, I still think a cruise offers a lot more opportunity to see, meet and greet celebrities than any other venue would offer.

#1 Grk Isles Jupiter;#2 E.Carib Rotterdam;#3 St. Lawr. Rv Stephan Batory;#4 W.Carib Song of Norway;#5 E.Carib Paquet Rhapsody;#6 PanCanal Royal Princess;#7 E.Carib Norway;#8 E.Carib Homeric;#9 S.Carib Rotterdam;#10 Hawaii Independence;#11 S.Carib RV Star;#12 Bermuda Horizon;#13 S.Carib Song of Norway;#14 Bahamas WindSpirit;#15 E.Carib Regal Princess;#16 S.Carib Cunard Countess;#17 E.Carib Amer. Advent.;#18 NewEng. SB Pride;#19 Mex Riv. CCL Holiday;#20 S.Carib Silver Wind;#21 W.Carib Sun Princess;#22 E.Carib Westerdam;#23 Alaska Crystal Symphony;#24 Italy Star Clipper;#25 S.Carib Norw. Sea;#26 Burgundy Cnl Lafayette;#27 Polynesia SS Paul Gauguin;#28 W.Carib Enchant. Capri;#29 Grk Iles WindStar;#30 S.Carib Crown Dynasty;#31 Malaga - Soton Caronia;#32 FL - BA Crystal Harmony;#33 Lisbon - Rome SS Song of Flower;#34 Grenadines Star Clipper;#35 Venice - Barcelona SS Mariner;#36 S.Carib SS Navigator;#37 W.Carib SS Navigator;#38 Alaska Zaandam;#39 W.Carib SS Voyager;#40 E.Carib Carib. Princess;#41 Baltic SS Navigator;#42 NewEng QM2;#43 Marquesas SS Paul Gauguin;#44 Rome - Venice Pac. Princess;#45 Venice - Fla Emer. Princess;#46 Valpo - BA Radiance of Seas;#47 W. Carib Veendam;#48 Grk Isles/Turkey Solstice;#49 NewEng Constellation ;#50 Hawaii - LA Golden Princess;#51 PanCanal Crystal Symphony;#52 Soton - NY QM2;#53 Norway SB Sojourn;#54 BVI WindSpirit;#55 Soton - NY QM2;#56 Singapore - Sydney SS Voyager;#57 Sydney - Auckland SS Voyager;#58 Soton - NY QM2;#59 S.Carib WindSurf;#60 British Isles SB Pride; #61 Costa Rica SeaDream I;