About Me

• Interests
    Reading (owned a mystery bookstore), SF fandom, music
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Celebrity, HAL
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Any place with sunshine, blue water, and pretty fishies

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

msteries's Achievements

Cool Cruiser

Cool Cruiser (2/15)

1. People are mixing up checkin time (show boarding pass, maybe take pic, then sit in waiting area) with boarding time (when you get called to board the ship)!!!
  2. Oh so true, but do need something. Many thanks.
  3. One always forgets something! Anyone now on the Rotterdam who has spied the little shop area with sundries like aspirin, toothpaste, etc?
  4. No, just one. If you search these boards a couple of weeks back you'll see that someone actually got a pic of the removal.
  5. Happy to report that Dueling Pianos are indeed gone from the Piano Bar on the Rotterdam Alissa did not do a canned set list but three sets of audience requests. A very large crowd seemed to be thoroughly enjoying things. I always snort when someone requests Bohemian Rhapsody. The crowd happily provided all the verses and bridges with much enthusiasm.
  6. Sorry - failed to mention that I depart FtL. Boarding pass gives “boarding time”. But I can arrive and check in earlier, I presume???
  7. Haven’t cruised HAL in over four years, and after reading some posts, I am a bit confused as to what to do on Wednesday. Previous experience: take taxi to pier, arrive shortly after 10:30, hand off luggage, and go inside terminal, looking for “Suite, Priority, Club Orange signs”. Do the short checkin process, then find a seat until boarding for Category A begins. So there is a difference between “check in” and “assigned boarding time”. Still true?
  8. Since I sail in the Rotterdam next Wednesday, I would really like to know if my Dewars on the rocks is more now. I feel companies like HAL need to reflect current conditions and do what they need to do price-wise. BUT paper generated for drinks on HIA - horrible for the environment and a waste of staff time. This is my first HAL cruise in four years (been doing Celebrity) and I really had hoped that system would have gone years ago!
  9. Yes, you are right. My last cruise on HAL was just before covid, and embarkation lunch in dining room was for Mariners. Then there was a special event later.
  10. Although my boarding pass says Priority, an email from HAL gives a 12n boarding time. Seems late. Usually with Priority I time it so I arrive a bit before 11, and head for the Mariners Lunch.
  11. Thanks for the information everyone. I have my paid in full invoice that lists Club Orange correctly, so will bring that in case the boarding pass does not look like yours. I am but a three-star…
  12. Just to be clear - I need to print something else closer to the cruise even though HAL system bugged me to check in a few days ago? Thanks for helping. First HAL cruise in a number of years, and I must say, website and Navigator app really screwed up compared to Celebrity.
  13. I just checked in for my February 16 cruise, and note that my boarding pass doesn’t mention priority or Club Orange. I thought I read somewhere that there is a priority checkin line for Club Orange in FtL…. is that true?
  14. My S. Caribbean cruise in February now has an overnight in Aruba. Anyone have a recent experience with how that works? Something new for me.