P&O cruise from Auckland 2018

Forge

We are doing a two week cruise on Pacific Jewel in June 2018 leaving from Auckland. We were thinking of driving to the city and leaving the car in one of the local parking buildings close to the ship. As we are coming from Hamilton this would be easier than relying on public transport or shuttles. Has anyone tried this before and how did it work? I know the cost will be high but I'm looking at the convenience. Getting accurate info from the websites is confusing and not helpful.

Hi, I looked into something similar (apart from the city of residence!) and could not find good long term parking in the CBD. One of the options I had in the final mix was to park at the long term parks at the airport and then shuttle to the port and back. While not next to the port (a $10 taxi away) skycity has a very safe, well lit and huge camera car park but it is $50 a day.

Whatever you do decide if you are going to take a shuttle off the ship make sure you pre-book. If you do pre-book you go to the head of the line, but if you don't you get in the queue with hundreds of other people.

Search parking near Auckland airport. Park n ride etc. There are a number of different places. You can park short and long term. They all run shuttles to both the domestic and international airport. This free. When you get to the airport you can then take the airport bus right into the cruise departure point at a cost of $18.00. I think the busses go every 20-25 minutes. We used park and ride for any trips we do that require us to leave vehicle.

Enjoy checking out your options and enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is probably a bit late for the OP, but for anyone else reading this:

If you park in an Auckland Council carpark (and the closest is the Downtown Parking Building, just over the road from the port), it is $24 a day. However, if you 'lose' your ticket (that you collect on the way into the parking building) they will charge you $72 to get out, no matter how long you have been there.