For Keukenhof & tulip watchers

Riversanddale

The new blog is up for this week for Keukenhof with info and photos. I've watched this for a few years now and it's always the most up-to-date info I've found. It's updated weekly through Keukenhof's season.

http://tulipsinholland.com/blog/2013/03/tulips-in-holland-update-2-easter-weekend-2013/

I wish us all good luck. It's indeed hard to predict year to year but it's sad for those of us who cannot change dates. Tours book way ahead unfortunately and airlines no longer permit enough winter clothes. Perhaps a nice warm hot chocolate instead!

Flowers will bloom much later this year since it still is far too cold for the time of the year. Actually Christmas was warmer then Easter in Holland......

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Kuekenhof yesterday. Lots of early spring flowers; very pretty. Daffodils in full bloom except for the latest varieties. The earliest tulips are blooming in the outdoor beds. The indoor displays are fabulous.

Two weeks from now should be about peak, based on what we saw; but we were not dissapointed.

Archived