Different boarding times?

Wordzz

Looking for advice re boarding times for our upcoming Fjords cruise with my mother-in-law.

My wife and I are now Platinum and have a boarding time of 12.30. My MIL is Silver - having sailed once before on Cunard - and has been given a later boarding time. However, she won't really be willing or able to board without us accompanying her.

Has anyone experienced this? Is it likely that we will be able to board her with us at the earlier time, or will we all have to wait until her later boarding time of 15.30? It makes a difference, because none of us wants to sit in the embarkation hall for hours on end!

Thanks.

Usually at Southampton if this occurs, speak with the assistant whom you see on entering the check in Terminal lounge and who is issuing the Queuing Cards and health disclaimer for your check in. They usually are most helpful in that respect and oblige by issuing all your party with the same colour/numbered/lettered card for Priority embarkation check in.

If your MIL is in any way disabled, then you will be given priority. Otherwise, she will be allowed to board with you.

Sometimes, and depending on the terminal, you can board as soon as you arrive.

The order is QG, then PQ, followed by Diamond, then Platinum, usually starting around midday.

Stewart

Thank you for the very helpful replies.

Yes, I should have said that it's QM2 from Southampton, from the QE2 terminal. It sounds as if we won't have any issues, which is great.

Thanks again.

If your MIL is in any way disabled, then you will be given priority. Otherwise, she will be allowed to board with you.

Sometimes, and depending on the terminal, you can board as soon as you arrive.

The order is QG, then PQ, followed by Diamond, then Platinum, usually starting around midday.

Stewart

Big Mac you forgot "In transit" guests who have overall priority over the others.

This is my Southampton experience.

Our very first Cunard cruise so no status. Britannia class so no priority. This is the Christmas/New Year last year so it is a fairly full cruise with status passengers. QG and PG were full as we could not book these. It was a late booking for us with 2 weeks to go before the cruise.

We turned up at 12:30pm despite being given a boarding time of 1:30pm. I really, do not think it mattered what time our scheduled boarding time was. We entered the Ocean Terminal, were given a number, sat down for 5 minutes and then were called to join the check-in line. All extremely efficient.

Just back off the QV Fjords cruise. We had a 3.30 boarding time, we turned up at 12.45 and were on board by 1.15. Just given a letter when we arrived and they called people up by their letter at an interval of approx 10 minutes. Very efficient.