Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Cunard Line (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   QE current alcohol policy (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2571104)

Molliemandy December 5th, 2017 09:30 AM

QE current alcohol policy

just about to sail and read that they are changing policy that we can buy alcohol in ports and enjoy it in our own cabin. Also can we still take 2 bottles wine on board at embarkation?

PORT ROYAL December 5th, 2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molliemandy (Post 54697669)
just about to sail and read that they are changing policy that we can buy alcohol in ports and enjoy it in our own cabin. Also can we still take 2 bottles wine on board at embarkation?

Remember, when onboard one is able purchase a beverage of choice in the various bars, restaurants, room service and from the stateroom bar.

Underwatr December 5th, 2017 09:59 AM

Where did you read about the change? There's been nothing but endless conjecture here.

PORT ROYAL December 5th, 2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwatr (Post 54697839)
Where did you read about the change? There's been nothing but endless conjecture here.

Could it be the P&O section of CC?

Underwatr December 5th, 2017 10:51 AM

OK, but that's P&O.

Host Hattie December 5th, 2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molliemandy (Post 54697669)

P&O have announced a change in policy from February 2018 but Cunard haven't made the same change yet.

PORT ROYAL December 5th, 2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwatr (Post 54698178)
OK, but that's P&O.

Agreed.

Molliemandy December 5th, 2017 11:30 AM

I read in Cruise critic that Cunard were reviewing their alcohol policy. Look up Queen Elizabeth section

PORT ROYAL December 5th, 2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molliemandy (Post 54698404)
I read in Cruise critic that Cunard were reviewing their alcohol policy. Look up Queen Elizabeth section

Just CC gossip, nothing factual.

Host Hattie December 5th, 2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molliemandy (Post 54698404)

Can you post a link ? I haven't seen anything factual about a change on Cunard.
If you are sailing soon it's unlikely to be a problem, I can't imagine they would introduce a change instantly.

harbourdebs December 6th, 2017 02:55 PM

I called tonight and advised can take a litre of wine/spirit pp

balf December 6th, 2017 05:59 PM

If everyone stuck to 1 litre there would be no need to bring in any new policy.

David.

PORT ROYAL December 6th, 2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balf (Post 54707700)
If everyone stuck to 1 litre there would be no need to bring in any new policy.

David.

Agreed, but not concerned if Cunard enforce an old or a new policy, I , like many Cruisers are not effected or bothered.

Underwatr December 6th, 2017 07:56 PM

The term of booking will tell you 750ml of wine or champagne per person. But while they reserve the right to enforce that or a lower limit the FAQ says ordinarily then won't.