Calling all Freedom class Aft experts...help!!

Ok, I am a JS person for the last 6 cruises, but i just booked 2 E1's (regular balcony cabins) on the 8th floor aft on the Independence. Clearly, no one has seen these particular cabins yet, but I assume they are identical to those on Freedom & Liberty.

So, if anyone has stayed in 8710 or 8412 on a Freedom ship, please give me some feedback, or pics if you have them. I am a bit worried about room size after being in JS's. The balcony may be bigger because of the aft location, but I am mostly concerned with room and closet size (last JS on Voyager has a WALK IN closet,I am officially spolied!!)

Anyway, any input would be appreciated.:) :D

WE were just on the FOS and had 1404 and 1406 aft junior and balcony rooms. I disliked the railing back there. We were on deck 10 and it was suppose to be great we heard. The balcony was huge and the walk in closet was a joke, it was no difference then the closet in the balcony conjoining room. If you want a big balcony go for it other wise NO WAY. Not on deck any deck below 10.

WE were just on the FOS and had 1404 and 1406 aft junior and balcony rooms. I disliked the railing back there. We were on deck 10 and it was suppose to be great we heard. The balcony was huge and the walk in closet was a joke, it was no difference then the closet in the balcony conjoining room. If you want a big balcony go for it other wise NO WAY. Not on deck any deck below 10.

This railing renza is talking about is the superstructure... it is not nearly as bad on deck 10 as the lower decks. If you notice, deck 9 and 10 corner afts, the superstructure is not there... it is the middle cabins that suffer. The balconies are nice.

We had an E1 deck 8 aft on Freedom last Oct. These balconies are just like the ones on Voyager class ships, having some structural beams crossing the back view. Of course an E catagory cabin is smaller than a JS and does not have a walkin closet. We don't mind the less square feet, and certainly do not miss having a bathtub, tho' the larger size of the JS bathroom is very desirable. If you are looking for a lot of storage room, you are going to be disappointed. But just bring less! Most of us overpack anyway. We've had a JS twice, both times because the price was equal to or less than a D cabin. For a 7 night cruise, the extra space is just not worth the cost to us.

So, if anyone has stayed in 8710 or 8412 on a Freedom ship, please give me some feedback, or pics if you have them. I am a bit worried about room size after being in JS's. The balcony may be bigger because of the aft location, but I am mostly concerned with room and closet size (last JS on Voyager has a WALK IN closet,I am officially spolied!!)

Here are pics from when I stayed in 9690....on Explorer. Room size and balcony size, EOS 9690 and IOS 8710 will be the same. Not sure about the door and porthole window though.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2249580610080150150nakhzS

I agree. I was just in 1694 on Navigator. The walk-in closet in the aft JS's are only about half the size of the walk-ins in all the other JS's.

Below are some photos of our aft cabin (E1) on Freedom. It's a normal cabin, not JS size, only the balcony is bigger. For 2 adults and 17 yr old son, it was just perfect.

DSC02174.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02173.jpg

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed to see. If mom and dad and 17 year old son fit, I guess mom and dad and my 4 year old will be just fine!!:)

Thanks for all the input.

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed to see. If mom and dad and 17 year old son fit, I guess mom and dad and my 4 year old will be just fine!!:)

Thanks for all the input.

Glad the photos were helpful. :) BTW, Our cabin pictured was #8712, and it had a pull down bed that worked out very well for my 17 yr old.

Archived