Oriana - early Dec. Entertainment & Food- festive?

Win14

Hi

I am taking my DIL on her first cruise on 3rd Dec- Oriana - to Bruges and Amsterdam ( 4 nights). When P&O email me, they keep calling it a festive cruise. What can we expect? Decorations? Festive food? what sort of entertainment on a 4 nighter? We've booked trips to xmas markets etc - just trying to work out what to wear etc.

TIA

Win14

Hello Win,

I see no one has replied yet. We are on this cruise too, so at least there are 4 of us (no roll call).

I was wondering about decorations, special meals etc. as well.

I have read that the ships are decorated a couple of weeks before Christmas, hope this isn't the case; would like to see the ship in all it's festive glory.

I know there will be one formal evening so we will take our posh clothes for that.

I'm taking a warm coat and boots for excursions as I need a wheelchair for any distance and think it could be pretty cold. Not long now.

Hi Silversurf.

Thanks for your response. Glad to hear that someone else is going too. Knew about the formal night so the posh frocks are coming out for that. We will dress up warmly for the trips as they have forecast an icy blast! Just wondered about festive entertainment and maybe festive food. We'll just have to contain the excitement til we get there:)

Last year we did a 10 night Christmas market cruise on Aurora leaving on 6th December. The decorators got on board with us and each morning when we woke up a bit more of the ship was decorated, it was lovely. Amsterdam had some special Christmas illuminations on the canals and we did an evening trip to see them. We had a late night in Hamburg and a festive choir came on board but there were no festive Headliner shows or food, maybe a bit early. Quite a few Christmas jumpers on show though.