weather: Nova Scotia in August

We are contemplating a New England Canada cruise in August 2009 (mostly because my sister and her family already booked)

What is the weather, particularly in Nova Scotia, in August? I love to sit on balconies: will it be warm enough (i.e. above 70 F). I was last in Canada tweny years ago in Quebec City in July and it was COLD. I don't think it got out of the low 60's. Better luck in the Maritimes???

TIA,

el henry

We are contemplating a New England Canada cruise in August 2009 (mostly because my sister and her family already booked)

What is the weather, particularly in Nova Scotia, in August? I love to sit on balconies: will it be warm enough (i.e. above 70 F). I was last in Canada tweny years ago in Quebec City in July and it was COLD. I don't think it got out of the low 60's. Better luck in the Maritimes???

Depending when you are cruising in August, you should experience at or above 70's in the first half of August in the Maritimes, the temp you experienced in QC would have been unseasonaly cold..

We cruised to Nova Scotia in July. We found it very breezy which made it feel quite cool on the sea days. I remember racing out to the pool to get chaises and I had my pick of the whole place!!! On the day we were in port, it was delightfully warm.

We cruised to Nova Scotia in July. We found it very breezy which made it feel quite cool on the sea days. I remember racing out to the pool to get chaises and I had my pick of the whole place!!! On the day we were in port, it was delightfully warm.

I agree and this is exactly what I was afraid of when I did my post, you are always going to be cooler at sea and it may not be conducive to sitting around the pool. Nor was it in Hawaii at Christmas this year!

Just how breezy was it/should it be in early AM? Mom and Dad share a cabin and Dad gets up at 6 a.m. Mom does not. We always solved this by Dad sitting on the balcony for two hours in the morning, but would this be an option?

thanks again,

el henry

As long as Dad wears a sweater/long pants, he should be OK. The ocean breeze off the Atlantic can be quite brisk!;) It can be quite cool on/near the water but very warm inland. The trick is to be prepared with layers.

Packing sweaters for a cruise is something we haven't done before, but cool weather is always a good excuse to buy a souvenir sweatshirt<G>

Tully, if you are in Ottawa, I do not envy you the snow, and I like the white stuff...

el henry in Bethlehem, PA, ("Christmas City USA")

Yes, we have had our share of snow this winter......the record for snowfall here just shy of 15 feet (444.1 centimeters) :eek: set in the winter of 1970/71. We are within 3 inches (approx 7.9 centimeters) of that now....and there is a possibility of snow in today's forecast! :eek:

Archived