Getting to NOLA cruise port?

stitchcreek

I was curious about this because I've been to NOLA many times but never the cruise port, and I might cruise out of there someday. Google maps calls it a 26 minute walk, but it looks like it's calculating from Bourbon street right in the middle of the French Quarter. I guess if you were closer to Canal street it might not be *as* bad, but that would still be a long walk with lots of vehicle and foot traffic, uneven sidewalks, confused/drunk tourists and street scammers.

We are staying at the Residence Inn on St. Josephs, near Julia. Are we able to walk down Julia and get to the pier? It looks like there is an overhead walkway but not sure how to get to it. Google satellite wasn't too clear. Tx.

Walk down Julia Street and cross Convention Center Blvd. The covered walkway you see will take you to an escalator up to the Riverwalk Outlet Mall.

There are two cruise terminals: Erato (Carnival) and Julia (all others). When you enter the mall there will be an elevator to the left that will take you to Julia. If you are going to Erato, go out the doors straight across the mall. They open onto a covered walkway that ends at a set of stairs that will out you at the terminal.

There is an alternate route to the NCL terminal. Instead of using the escalator, cross the railroad tracks and it is a short walk (right) to the terminal.

There are signs saying not to do this, since you are walking against traffic, but it will save you some steps.

• 3 months later...