sunbeds and drinks

tring

We are thinking of booking a 12 night Med cruise on Balmoral and have a couple of questions.

Since it will be good weather and school hols, will it be difficult to get a sun bed on deck - we are not early risers? Also do Fred Olsen allow people to 'reserve' sun beds with towels - a constant problem everywhere I know, but we are particulaly good at giving up the beds even at lunchtime. I do wonder though if we be able to get another one after lunch or would we need to go of separately for lunch and have a quick snack?

If we take the included drinks pack, will we need to wear wristbands, or how does it work? Also, do the new(ish) drinks packs cause difficulties in getting served with drinks at busy times?

We have travelled with Fred a number of times but not in high season to sunny climes.

I can only comment on sunbeds. I have sailed many times with FOCL, most recently on the "Black Watch" to Africa and the Indian Ocean and haven't encountered problems in finding a sunbed. In very warm climes the sunbeds round the pools can be fully occupied especially in the late afternoon when it gets a little cooler. As to "hogging" sunbeds with towels, I fear there is always a small minority of selfish people who do this and it is very hard for the staff to take any action to avoid it.

Thank you Parsman. I do feel that the smaller ships have better availability of beds given the deck to cabin ratio compared to the massive ones built today. I think my real fear is that the ship will have a number of 3/4 bedded occupancy cabins as it is school hols, so more bodies looking for sun beds. Someone who has travelled in school hols might just see this, but it is probably not a deal maker in terms of the cruise - it just fits in with our other arrangements and might be worth booking as we can see the future being less kind to us.

I do aggree about bed hogging - it was a silly question really.

If we take the included drinks pack, will we need to wear wristbands, or how does it work? Also, do the new(ish) drinks packs cause difficulties in getting served with drinks at busy times?

You card will be marked so they can see you have the package.

You will still be signing for your drinks, but your account will be adjusted accordingly.

It didn't cause any problems getting served at the bar, but we did notice that (on Braemar at least) the staff who used to circulate in the show lounge taking orders had been removed, so you do need to go to the bar then carry your drinks in to see the show.

Archived