Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   NCL Sun (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=673135)

deldenon December 10th, 2007 01:15 PM

NCL Sun

Does anyone out there have any good pictures of the sun? We are booked on the sun 2-23-2008 in a AD Penthouse #9002 it would be great if anyone had pictures of the cabin also. Thanks in advance:)

bulgargirl December 10th, 2007 01:18 PM

I have no pictures, but I am going on the 12th and really looking forward to it!

Dick D. December 10th, 2007 04:55 PM

I'm sailing in the same cabin on the 3-8-07 sailing. Have you heard that the mini-suites no longer have concerge privlidges in 2008?

lemandluap December 10th, 2007 09:54 PM

Links to my pictures are in my signature!

:cool:

Lady Patriot December 10th, 2007 10:16 PM

Nice pics of the Sun, lemandluap. We were there the week before you, and it looks like you had about as much rain as we did. Glad you had fun on your first cruise!

MonaCK December 10th, 2007 10:20 PM

Lemon: Where were you that you got to hold monkeys? All of a sudden, i know hwat we want to do in Roatan...

electricron December 10th, 2007 11:30 PM

If there were a ship in NCL's fleet where mini-suites maintained concierge services, it would be the Sun.

I am aware NCL's larger ships were dropping conceirge services to mini-suites, but I wasn't aware they were for the Sun.

Looking at NCL's web site, for the Sun specifically, here's what it says about mini-suites:

"Mini-Suite - Sitting area, private balcony, two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed, walk-in closet and luxury bath and shower."

It appears they will drop these services for mini-suites on the Sun too.

For a Penthouse Suite, here's what it says:

"Penthouse - Sitting area, private balcony, two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed, walk-in closet and luxury bath and separate shower. Butler service and concierge available."

I believe with many more members taking adavantage of their Latitudes status, the concierge was getting overloaded with work. Therefore, the reduction in services for those in mini-suites was the remedy. Sorry!

Atomica December 11th, 2007 12:37 AM

I don't have any of that cabin, but I do have some interior pictures of the Sun from our Alaska cruise in 2005. Very nice ship.

http://homepage.mac.com/atomicaaron/...otoAlbum3.html

fin December 11th, 2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deldenon (Post 12616591)
Does anyone out there have any good pictures of the sun? We are booked on the sun 2-23-2008 in a AD Penthouse #9002 it would be great if anyone had pictures of the cabin also. Thanks in advance:)

I have what I think is a nice pic of the Sun at anchor in Roatan. I did not even know when I took the picture from the Sea that someday I would sail on her with my fiance .... the first post-Katrina cruise out of New Orleans.

It is in the photo section of this website, under ship photos and dated October 27th. The photos are in sort of chronological order and over a hundred more have been posted since I posted mine.

shark_bait December 11th, 2007 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deldenon (Post 12616591)

Try this, should be lots of picures for you. www.cruiseclues.com

lemandluap December 11th, 2007 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonaCK (Post 12622266)
Lemon: Where were you that you got to hold monkeys? All of a sudden, i know hwat we want to do in Roatan...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=35325.

It was amazing!!!! :D

bearswife December 11th, 2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemandluap (Post 12621965)
Links to my pictures are in my signature!

:cool:

Wow, I didn't know you get to hold the monkeys. I booked the beach but now Im thinking about Victors tour. I'd love to hold a monkey. Thanks for the pic's!

lemandluap December 11th, 2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearswife (Post 12624992)
Wow, I didn't know you get to hold the monkeys. I booked the beach but now Im thinking about Victors tour. I'd love to hold a monkey. Thanks for the pic's!

Total high point of the trip... I considered putting them in my backpack...

:eek:

CruisinMaterial December 12th, 2007 09:02 AM

Thank you all who posted links to pictures! With 1 month left until sailing this has me really EXCITED!!! :D

Bulgagirl - Where have you been? Stop by the roll call and say hello! :)