Hiking Gros Piton

amunhbuu

Hello,

Any thoughts on an excursion for hiking Gros Piton? We have used Spencer Abrose in the past, but his website states that that tour does not exist anymore.

Thanks!

Hi amunhbuu !

Check out Zion Lion Farm. They would be glad to assist you which includes water taxi pickup at the port to Anse L'Ivrogne or Yakahu Bay where you can hike Gros Piton from sea level with friendly & knowledgeable guides.

You also have the option of grabbing breakfast or lunch & drinks at the Carib beach bar. Truly exceptional creations being served.

Send them an email zionlionfarm@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just emailed Spencer as we had this booked for April. He said, yes, this is now not a tour anymore since he has had to send another boat to bring people back to the ship which was not cost effective. I noticed that Celebrity is not offering this as an excursion. I feel since I am already doing Mt. Liamuiga in St kitt, the next day doing the Piton may be a little extreme so perhaps it is a blessing. I think the best way to do this is by boat because you can start quicker than if you travel by land where it takes a while to get there (although the starting point for the land entrance is higher on the trail). Disappointing but understandable as a cost measure.

I just emailed Spencer as we had this booked for April. He said, yes, this is now not a tour anymore since he has had to send another boat to bring people back to the ship which was not cost effective. I noticed that Celebrity is not offering this as an excursion. I feel since I am already doing Mt. Liamuiga in St kitt, the next day doing the Piton may be a little extreme so perhaps it is a blessing. I think the best way to do this is by boat because you can start quicker than if you travel by land where it takes a while to get there (although the starting point for the land entrance is higher on the trail). Disappointing but understandable as a cost measure.

Indeed it's quicker by boat as apposed to land.

Water taxi is 40 mins (fast) & one hour (relax) each way but I would say whether you hike up to a quarter, half way or to the top the views are truly breathtaking & you could always relax on the beach & get a drink or something to eat right after your hike.

Enjoy Mt. Liamuiga none the less!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
Hello,

Any thoughts on an excursion for hiking Gros Piton? We have used Spencer Abrose in the past, but his website states that that tour does not exist anymore.

Thanks!

Not sure if this is still timely for you, but may be for others. On July 19 we used Solomons Water Taxi, and it worked out great. We were a party of 6, but only 2 did the hike. The other 4 went to a beach, mud bath, and waterfall. But all 6 of us were in the boat from the cruise ship pier, to Gros Piton. I would definitely recommend!

• 10 months later...

I see you posted this a year ago, but maybe you will still be checking.

Did you do the hike on your own or did you hire a guide when you got to the base/beach? We are looking at doing this, but I don't think going by land will get us back in time or it will be cutting it too close.

thank you