where does the ship dock in Belize?

Binney

How long is the tender ride into belize from the glory? I have a tenderncy to get car sick, don't know about sea sick because I've never been, but isn't a small boat worse than a big ship? Should I take extra precautions?:confused:

Yes, absolutely. Get yourself some bonine and take it at least a half hour before you tender. I just take bonine every 12 hours like clockwork the entire duration of the cruise even because if I think about the ship moving it will make me sick.

Is Belize tendered into Belize City? I have my excursion through Carnival, but I got an interesting update from TripAdvisor about some Belize City attractions. ANyone know where Miracle makes port?HI1

Hi! Could you either give us a link to that update from Trip Advisor, or tell me how to locate it. Would love to see the info. Thanks

...Should I take extra precautions?:confused:

If you are concerned about getting seasick in a smaller boat then do take precautions. Maybe someone with more experience concerning the Belize tenders will be able to give you more insight. I don't get car sick but I do get seasick on smaller boats that are sitting in rough waters. When we'd go dive in Belize I sure would get seasick once we were over the reef and into the deeper waters. I had to be the first off the boat and the last one back in before we took off! The water on the other side of the reef was always pretty rough. But if you take something then chances are better for you that it'll be a positive experience.

I actually prefer Trip-tone for seasickness. My dive instructor told me about it and I've used it ever since. None of the drowsiness or dizziness sometimes experienced with other meds (things you do not want when scuba diving). You can buy it at Sports Authority, many pharmacies and online.

I actually prefer Trip-tone for seasickness..

Triptone to prevent Motion Sickness: at JoeDiverAmerica!

from

http://www.joediveramerica.com/page/JDA/PROD/aemed/RX-0152

Dimenhydrinate

from

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/ConsDrugs/Dimenhydrinatecd.html

Triptone® and Sea Band

from

http://www.mcnett.com/page.cfm?pageID=529

I actually prefer Trip-tone for seasickness. My dive instructor told me about it and I've used it ever since. None of the drowsiness or dizziness sometimes experienced with other meds (things you do not want when scuba diving). You can buy it at Sports Authority, many pharmacies and online.

I just looked up that medication...Isn't it the same drug as Dramamine?

We went to Belize on Royal Caribbean several years ago and the tender ride to the docks was at least 30 minutes. I normally don't get seasick ever, but actually did feel a bit queasy on the long tender rides there. I would certainly take something if you are prone to seasickness. There isn't much to do in Belize unless you do an excursion; a little shopping near the docks, but that's about it.

Have a great cruise!

16 days to Celebration :D

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Holland America - 2004, 2006

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006

Royal Caribbean - 2001

Was in Belize in 2003 and then last week. Must say there was a HUGE difference last week from my first visit. I have been saying since 2003 that I could care less if I ever returned to that port and even told my husband that I may not even get off the ship while in port. SURPRISE!!! New tender boats - they were just like the big party boats in Cozumel and also the same as the boats in Grandy Cayman. First trip was a tiny beat-up boat that I was terrified of breaking down in the middle of the tender trip. Still took about 15 minutes but was a much smoother more enjoyable ride than before. At least the 2 we were on looked practically brand new. I have pictures from our balcony of the boats if anyone would like to see them. Cozumel also has this type of tender boats as well.

Also, the port was a very nice surprise! New shopping locations and the local people were much better than my previous experience.

We were there March 2005. The tender was about 25 minutes, I kept thinking 'When are we going to get there?' :)

None of my party gets seasick so I can't report on that, and we sat on the back of the boat enjoying the breeze since they cramp you in there pretty tight. We were the first off the ship-had an 8am Carnival excursion.

One thing to keep in mind though: While Belize is nice and warm, nobody warned me about the humidity! I have no breathing problems, don't smoke, etc. but the humidity was so thick. I got used to it quite quickly though, and as the day wore on it got better.

When in Belize in Dec..were told the tender would take 30 minutes..it took more like 15-20...It truly depends on the wind and the waves..Glory was about 4 miles out that day. They do use rather large speed boats as well as tenders..If you tend toward motion sickness I would take precautions..

DH and I deep sea fish and often go 20-30 miles offshore..it's not the distance that will get you..it's the rolling of the waves..esp at lower speeds in less than ideal weather.

Archived