VH category Eurodam?

floralscent

We cruised on the Eurodam 12/09 in a VC category aft (deck 5) and LOVED the cabin, sitting on the balcony and ship. I just noticed that a VH category is a really good deal and wondered if anyone has stayed on the Eurodam in this category. I think the balcony is steel in a VH and most front ship, is that correct? If this is true, are you able to sit on the balcony and see the water at all or see over the steel balcony and how is the front of the ship movement wise? Is the actual cabin the same as a VC category cabin?

When on our VC category balcony on deck 5 we could have looked down on deck 4 balconies if we wanted to. Would the VH category deck 4 have this same balcony issue where people above us could look down? Not sure how I'd feel about people looking down at the top of my head.

This is just a spur of the moment idea to get of the snow and just wondered if it might be worth exploring further. Any comments are appreciated-

We've never been in a VH, and I can't tell you about the cabin inside. I have been almost that far forward on a higher deck, and can tell you yes, you will feeling a lot of pitching if you get into rough water. Yes, the VH cabins stick out about 1.5 ft just like the deck 4 VF and VD cabins, but that far forward there aren't that many people above you looking down. :) Another bad point about the VH is that they are right over the show lounge, and can be noisy late some nights.

Click here for an excellent comparison picture of the steel wall and plexiglas wall railings. As you can see there, the steel railing is a little lower, which means it's not quite as bad as trying to look over the wood rail on a VC balcony.

We just got back from the Eurodam and booked a VH guarantee. The good thing about that room is that almost all (if not all) will get an upgrade. We were upgraded to VA 7002 which was a really nice room but still on the front of the ship. We did feel more movement but it was a really nice room. Some of the other cruisers on our cruise were upgraded to VA's mid ship on Navagation deck which was a very nice upgrade.

I believe everyone on our roll call was upgraded to a VA from a VH. They do that and then move someone up from an outside to a VH and everyone is pretty happy.

We booked this VH guarantee because it was a Flash Sale and the price was too good to be true ... we were very happy!!

We are booked in VD 4048 for our cruise in May. The VD cabins are not as far forward as the VH and they also have the plexiglass instead of steel railings. I understand the deck 4 V categories have deeper balconies than on the other decks. Which is probably why deck 5 can look down on our heads. That doesn't bother me though. I can't believe my head is that interesting -thin graying hair and all ;). I believe all of the V categories have the same size room inside. We booked this cabin because our teenage sons are in an inside on the main deck and VD 4048, although on another deck, is right across from the elevators. Although they will probably get lost anyway. :D.

diane

Archived