Problem with Drink Packages on Sydney to Los Angeles Crossing

NavyVeteran

I am booked on the 27-day Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing on the Golden Princess from Sydney to Los Angeles on 8 April 2019. According to Cruise Personalizer, onboard folio charges will be in USD. Beverage Packages under Onboard Activity Reservations does not have a listing for the All Inclusive Beverage Package (AIBP) :( but it has two listings for the Unlimited Soda & More Package - one for $6.95 per person per day and one for $8.05 per person per day.

All of my other booked cruises for 2017, 2018, and 2019 list the AIBP for $57.45 per person per day and the Unlimited Soda & More Package for $8.05 per person per day. This includes the 28-day Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing on the Golden Princess from Los Angeles to Sydney on 23 September 2018.

I guess if I wanted the Unlimited Soda & More Package I should book it immediately at $6.95 per person per day.:) I just added both of these package to my cart, and they were both added - at $187.65 and $217.35 per person for the 27 days, so I could purchase the package at $6.95 per person per day if I wished. I did not complete the purchase, since I am not personally interested in this package. My current plans are to rebook Tuesday under Sip & Sail.

I suspect the discrepancies in listing the beverage packages for the April 2019 crossing may be because the ship is transitioning from Australia based to US based. The 27-day crossing in April 2019 is available as two segments - 8 days from Sydney to Auckland and 19 days from Auckland to Los Angeles. The 8-day cruise from Sydney to Auckland is probably still Australia based, and the 19-day cruise from Auckland to Los Angeles may be US based. If so, that could create a mess for them in handling people who book the full 27 days as a single cruise.