Shore credit with Platinum plus discount pricing

I figure let me start a new thread to make searching for it easier in case anyone finds it handy.

I put this together to show Platinum plus pricing using only (1) $50.00 shore credit so anyone using the extra $50 for the distinctive voyage credit should add the extra $50.00 into their amount.

****This is per person pricing*******

$29.00 = $24.65 = $0.00

$39.00 = $33.15 = $0.00

$49.00 = $41.65 = $0.00

$59.00 = $50.15 = $0.15

$69.00 = $58.65 = $8.65

$79.00 = $67.15 = $17.15

$89.00 = $75.65 = $25.65

$99.00 = $84.15 = $34.15

$109.00 = $92.65 = $42.65

$119.00 = $101.15 = $51.15

$129.00 = $109.65 = $59.65

$139.00 = $118.15 = $68.15

$149.00 = $126.65 = $76.65

$159.00 = $135.15 = $85.15

$169.00 = $143.65 = $93.65

$179.00 = $152.15 = $102.15

$189.00 = $160.65 = $110.65

$199.00 = $169.15 = $119.15

$209.00 = $177.65 = $127.65

$219.00 = $186.15 = $136.15

$229.00 = $195.65 = $145.65

$239.00 = $203.15 = $153.15

$249.00 = $211.65 = $161.65

$259.00 = $220.15 = $170.15

$269.00 = $228.65 = $178.65

$279.00 = $237.15 = $187.15

$289.00 = $245.65 = $195.65

$299.00 = $254.15 = $204.15

Thanks so much! Talked to my PCC who verified that both the ShoreEx promos would be on one account for a total of $ 100 per port. Has anyone tried to purchase both excursions on the one account? We both are platinum plus but have separate accounts for the cruise and don’t plan to change that. Looks like taking any excursion that costs less than $100 after PP discount would not be a good plan. Thanks for the chart!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much! Talked to my PCC who verified that both the ShoreEx promos would be on one account for a total of $ 100 per port. Has anyone tried to purchase both excursions on the one account? We both are platinum plus but have separate accounts for the cruise and don’t plan to change that. Looks like taking any excursion that costs less than $100 after PP discount would not be a good plan. Thanks for the chart!

Your welcome!

Yes when using the extra credit (as a single) it pays to do any excursion starting at $119 retail. With 2 people it pays to start at the $59 retail price.

No they will not allow one person to buy the excursion on the ship. The only way around that rule is to have the person that will receive the credit prepay online before sailing and have the 2nd person pay them the difference. They will not apply the 15% when you prepay but the discount will be applied onboard (both passengers stop at excursion desk) and that will be issued as refundable OBC on the individual account. So for example if the shore excursion costs 80 per person (without latitude discount) have the person pay you 30 (since you will get 50 applied onboard) and then have the excursion desk refund the 15% to each account. I hope that makes sense.

It does! I think what might work for us is to settle up after the cruise and try to find $100 plus excursions as taking a lesser one will only be reimbursed at that amount not the full $100 which creates a math problem lol. Do you know if the put the credit on immediately after the excursion is taken or in a lump sum at the end. I hope it is daily so it will be easier to keep track. Thanks for bringing up this issue which I thought would be a real bonus; I guess those that have one account won’t have this issue.

It does! I think what might work for us is to settle up after the cruise and try to find $100 plus excursions as taking a lesser one will only be reimbursed at that amount not the full $100 which creates a math problem lol. Do you know if the put the credit on immediately after the excursion is taken or in a lump sum at the end. I hope it is daily so it will be easier to keep track. Thanks for bringing up this issue which I thought would be a real bonus; I guess those that have one account won’t have this issue.

The credit will be applied the day after ALL the excursions have been completed so if your port days are Tuesday -Wednesday - Thursday & Friday all 4 days will be credited on Saturday.

Print out a copy of my list and take it with you since you both are P+ and you have the breakdown when planning your excursions

If you book directly with NCL when purchasing the shore excursion online the latitude discount is automatically applied. I just booked an excursion for 2 yesterday and that’s what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you book directly with NCL when purchasing the shore excursion online the latitude discount is automatically applied. I just booked an excursion for 2 yesterday and that’s what happened.

Thanks karoo I guess they fixed that, my last cruise i had to have the credit applied on the ship.

Thanks for the clarification

We have six ports on an 11 day cruise so a $600 ShoeEx credit sounds great until the math part comes in and if credit won’t come until day 10. So if we call ShoreEx to book the excursions will show up as full price after PP discount on both of our accounts then on Day 10 if excursions taken total at least $100 each day the $600 credit should appear on my account. If an excursion is less than $100 the credit will be for that amount or if an excursion is not taken in any port it’s zero...will be explaining this to my friend after I figure it out...we both assumed that the two $50 dollar promos could be split...duh couldn’t be that easy lol!

. They will not apply the 15% when you prepay but the discount will be applied onboard (both passengers stop at excursion desk) and that will be issued as refundable OBC on the individual account.

Thanks, good to hear / confirm that if you prepay on-line for Excursions, it is REFUNDABLE OBC

Thanks, good to hear / confirm that if you prepay on-line for Excursions, it is REFUNDABLE OBC

According to Terms & Conditions the $50 Shorex discount is only given if the excursions are booked over phone or onboard.

After the Excursion the $50 is deducted from the billed amount charged for the Excursion.

We received the $50 off the day after each port excursion. The only time we received it at the end wàs in Bermuda since that is considered one port even though we were there three days.

We booked at the special number so didn't have to prepay. We went to the excursion desk and they put our platinum discount on our account. If you book online you have to prepay and the discount comes off then.

If you booked the cruise before 3rd (?) Feb 2017 then you had to claim any Platinum or Platinum Plus discount on board as that is when it was introduced. If you booked the cruise after that date any discount was built in when you paid. We had to make the claim on the Jewel from Honolulu to Sydney and it was Refundable. It was simple we just talked to the shorex staff and it was done. It made a very large statement at the end!!!

If you are comped a $50 a port perk then you either have to book (reserve) using the 1800 number or book on board. If you use the 1800 number you do not pay till it appears on your folio (no prepayment). The "full" price (without or with Platinum discount) is debited to your folio for all shorex you have reserved or booked on board on boarding. Then the perk will be credited to your folio after the shorex has been completed.

All credits will appear on your folio and so on your last night statement and that would include any credit for a shorex done on debarkation day.

• 1 month later...
We have six ports on an 11 day cruise - so a $600 ShoreEx credit sounds great. So if we call ShoreEx to book the excursions will show up as full price after PP discount on both of our accounts then on Day 10 if excursions taken total at least $100 each day the $600 credit should appear on my account. If an excursion is less than $100 the credit will be for that amount or if an excursion is not taken in any port it’s zero...will be explaining this to my friend after I figure it out...we both assumed that the two $50 dollar promos could be split...duh couldn’t be that easy lol!Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think your cruise has sailed. We are in the same situation with the Shore Ex Credits - both promos = $100 Credit per port. We have 2 accounts/folios also. So how and when were the credits applied? Did the $600 all show up on your account or was it split and applied to each account like the charges for the excursions are applied? Hope you had a fantastic cruise!

You will find that any credit will occur on the day or the day after the day you actually do the shorex.

You should find that there will be a debit of the cost of the shorex (less any Platinum discount) and then the Shorex credit as a separate entry. This will happen each day you do a ship shorex; you will not get it as a lump sum. NCL do it that way in the hope that you will spend the credit!!

Remember you don't get any benefit if you take a private shorex or do none at all. Also there is NO carry-over if the shorex cost is less than the perks.

We are leaving the Dawn today. We had 2 $50 credits per port. I booked the Shore Ex by calling the number in Miami prior to cruising. No charges made but the excursions appeared on each of our accounts on day one. The platinum plus discount was not automatic but it was a simple thing to adjust at the Shore Ex desk. Following the advice of another CC member once the two credits were applied to the primary account, I requested that one credit be applied to the other account and it was quickly done. All six excursion transfers were handled quickly and efficiently even one that was added onboard when we had a port change.

We are leaving the Dawn today. We had 2 $50 credits per port. I booked the Shore Ex by calling the number in Miami prior to cruising. No charges made but the excursions appeared on each of our accounts on day one. Once the two credits were applied to the primary account, I requested that one credit be applied to the other account and it was quickly done. All six excursion transfers were handled quickly and efficiently.

Thanks so much for the information. We will do the same to get the full use of the shore ex promos.

Did you make the request to apply 1 credit per excursion to the second account at guest services or at the shore ex desk?

Edited by herdingdogmom

Shore Ex cannot do it you have to wait until the 2 credits appear on primary booking account then request that 50 dollars be transferred from primary account to other account at guest services. The primary has to sign a voucher transfer form. We had six excursions booked and requested transfer several times during the cruise. It worked out very well for us!

When we took our Med cruise out of Barcelona last August we had to go to the shore excursion desk when we embarked to get our 10% credit, which they gave to us right away. For our Baltic cruise this August they took the 10% off when I booked the excursions online last week, and then we will get $50 per cabin per port (4 NCL excursions, $400 back in refundable obc) while onboard. Not bad, considering three of the NCL excursions we booked were not expensive, and may end up costing us a few bucks, or nothing at all!

When we took our Med cruise out of Barcelona last August we had to go to the shore excursion desk when we embarked to get our 10% credit, which they gave to us right away. For our Baltic cruise this August they took the 10% off when I booked the excursions online last week, and then we will get $50 per cabin per port (4 NCL excursions, $400 back in refundable obc) while onboard. Not bad, considering three of the NCL excursions we booked were not expensive, and may end up costing us a few bucks, or nothing at all!

Thank you for the confirmation about the refundable obc, that was what I thought it was but was second guessing myself.

We have six ports on an 11 day cruise so a $600 ShoeEx credit sounds great until the math part comes in and if credit won’t come until day 10. So if we call ShoreEx to book the excursions will show up as full price after PP discount on both of our accounts then on Day 10 if excursions taken total at least $100 each day the $600 credit should appear on my account. If an excursion is less than $100 the credit will be for that amount or if an excursion is not taken in any port it’s zero...will be explaining this to my friend after I figure it out...we both assumed that the two $50 dollar promos could be split...duh couldn’t be that easy lol!

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that the credit is only good for 4 ports regardless of how many ports you visit on your cruise.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that the credit is only good for 4 ports regardless of how many ports you visit on your cruise.

No there used to be a limit but now it is per port including disembarkment day. I have the all 5 promo on top of the Distinctive Voyages promo so I will receive $700 total as I have 7 ports @ $100 per day for the cabin. (I do not need the disembarkation day). Current T&C:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit:

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.