"Live" From the Jewel of the Seas 01-08-06

Radio

There is just 3 more weeks until my "LIVE" trip reports begin from the beautiful Jewel of the Seas from Port Everglade/ Fort Lauderdale, Florida !

There will be daily photos of the trip of the ship, and ports !

Be a part of my trip during my first ever Radiance Class ship ....

Be sure to tune in ;)

Radio

;) ;)

Can't wait to hear from you "LIVE" on Jewel. We sailed on Jewel in October from Boston to the eastern caribbean and Bermuda. We loved Bermuda. It was a great cruise. I especially enjoyed the Windjammer on this ship. What made Jewel unusual was that we could choose our own meat, poultry, or fish and have it cooked in front of us in the Windjammer. I loved all the different stations and the variety of seating areas--from indoor dining to semi indoor/outdoor area with wicker, and our favorite dining area in the rear of the ship. We loved eating out there in the evenings watching the wake, the moon, and the stars.

My only complain about Jewel is the fact that a nonsmoker with asthma has to walk thru the smoke filled Schooner Bar to get to the Safari Lounge to watch karoeke, Captains Night, Quest, and other events--like playing pool. Chops & Portofinos also have to be entered by walking thru the Schooner Bar. Why in the world this Bar is designated a smoking bar simply puzzles me. Very poor planning. Smoking Bars should be at either end of a ship so nonsmokers can avoid them--not right in the middle of all the activities onboard. RCCL ships have that one problem in common.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone ! There is only 11 More Days until I leave for the Beautiful Jewel of the Seas.

We will be sailing from Port Everglades on January 8, 2006, and visiting 4 Ports....

I am very happy to be sailing on, and bringing you "LIVE" Trip reports on my first Radiance Class Ship !

I cant Wait ;)

Radio

;) ;)

Thats great Radio! I tuned into your live trip report from the Mariner...you left a few months before we did. Now I am considering sailing on the Jewel next so your review will be very helpful. It will be wonderful to know your feelings about the comparisons of the two ships as well.

Have a great time, I look forward to the review!

Thats great Radio! I tuned into your live trip report from the Mariner...you left a few months before we did. Now I am considering sailing on the Jewel next so your review will be very helpful. It will be wonderful to know your feelings about the comparisons of the two ships as well.

Have a great time, I look forward to the review!

Thanks for the nice comments !

I will review the differences between all 4 Classes of Ships:

Sovereign Class

Vision Class

Voyager Class

Radiance Class

Radio

;)

Radio.. i'd love to know if a few people are onboard (servers in the safari lounge.. and atrium).. any chance of requests for pics and saying hello?

Sailed the repo in November and loved her.

Weary

Sure...Once onboard, just let me know.....

Radio

;) ;)

Can't wait to read your postings. We sailed Jewel from Boston to Bermuda and the Caribbean in October and loved the ship. Our favorite spot was the aft area behind the Windjammer dining outdoors under the stars. We loved this Windjammer buffet more than any other RCCL ship because we could select our own fish, meat, or poultry and watch them cook it--always served nice and hot the way we like it. This Windjammer has so many areas for dining both indoors and outdoors and areas in between. Great design. We also enjoyed having lunch in the Seaview Cafe. Great views sitting outdoors.

The Safari Lounge is absolutely gorgeous--the leveling pool tables are cool too. We enjoyed sitting in that area watching sports on the two flat screen televisions. My only complaint about the ship is that you must walk thru the smoke filled Schooner Bar to get to Portofinos, Chops, and the Safari Lounge (for Captains Reception, Kareoke, Quest).

The solarium on Jewel is fantastic. We loved the sandwich wraps at their bar area and the indoor pool is gorgeous.

Have a great cruise.

We love this ship and if we could cruise her any time, and any where, life would be a dream. Hope you love her as much as we do. Some board buddies are on her right now and I am anxious to hear the3ir thoughts when they return. I will look forward to your posts when they occur. Have a wonderful time!

I will be ready to post pics daily on the Jewel...I hope to have CyberCabin set up on the first day... But I will also have my Mobile Office Kit which will allow me to connect, post, and upload pics via my Cell Phone and Verizon Wireless.

Heres a preview (Courtesy of Meyer Werft Shipyard)

Radio

;) ;)

54908211-d041-016A0200-.jpg

Radio...........I too, will enjoy following your "live" reports. My DW and I will be aboard at the end of April for a transatlantic crossing. We have heard so many wonderful things about the Radiance class that we are counting the days............

We have an OS, 2nd behind the RS on the hump. We know that our forward vision will be a bit obstructed. Hopefully not too much although!

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick

Radio,

It's almost time. Are you packed? I hope you have a wonderful cruise. We'll be sailing her on July 1 to the Baltics in cabin 9256. If you get a chance to peek in, I'd love to hear what we can expect.

We were on the Brilliance last April and loved that ship. I've heard that the Jewel is definitely the "jewel of the crop.":D

I'll be looking for your posts.

Garry

I made it to Beautiful Fort Lauderdale ! It is Sunny and 60f....Brrrrr Tomorrow wil be Sunny and 70f, but the wekk should be Sunny and Warm....

I am staying at the Hampton Inn in Fort Lauderdale North....It is a small hotel, but very clean.They are remodeling due to Hurricaine Wilma last Fall....

Tomorrow I will head to Port Everglades(12 mi) at about 11AM. I took me about 3 hours to get from Sanford, FL (Auto Train Terminal) to the Hotel. Tomorrow will be a busy day...Don't forget to tune in.;)

Radio ;)

55230832-2e19-02000180-.jpg

55230828-4ac7-02000180-.jpg

55230833-12aa-02000180-.jpg

Radio,

Bon Voyage! I trust you'll have a wonderful time!

Hope you get a chance to take a picture of a menu or two from the dining room. We are on the Jewel in March and I am interested in how the menu items have changed since our last cruise in 2004.

Safe travels, and thanks for keeping us all posted!

bobj

Good evening Radio....I await with baited breath to read your report from the Jewel...We are travelling from Scotland,UK to sail on the Jewel March 5th and 11th for a B2B and cant wait.

It is our first time with RCI and have managed to get JS 1100 (must be beginners luck) I celebrate my 50th birthday whilst on board and my whole family are sooooo looking forward to this cruise.

Have a safe and happy cruise and I look forward to reading all about it and hopefully pick up some great cruise tips along the way.

Bon Voyage

Happycruzer

Hi Radio

If you get a chance, could you let me know if you hear any feedback on the WiFi on the ship? I'm bringing my laptop in Feb., and hoping to use the WiFi, rather than the Cybercabin (slow speed). Thanks!

Good evening Radio....I await with baited breath to read your report from the Jewel...We are travelling from Scotland,UK to sail on the Jewel March 5th and 11th for a B2B and cant wait.

It is our first time with RCI and have managed to get JS 1100 (must be beginners luck) >SNIP< Happycruzer

Wow..I would love to have that Suite ! Maybe I can get som pics.....

Radio

;) ;)

Archived