Max 4 per Cabin

fireman's flame

We've been on 2 Carnival cruises, and there was no problem with booking my sister, her husband, and their 3 kids in one cabin.

We were thinking about maybe trying a different cruise line, for some different ports/experiences, but all the others except Disney says there's a max limit of 4 guests per cabin.

Oddly enough, when I went back and found a Carnival cruise, because I figured we would have to go back with Carnival so one of their kids wouldn't have to sleep in the hallway, when I put in 2 adults and 3 kids, then it said there was a max of 4 guests per cabin.

I don't know if this is a new thing with Carnival, I figure it might just be a website thing, and since we've cruised with 5 to a cabin before, we probably still can.

So what I wonder is, if it is possible to have 3 kids in your cabin on another cruise line, like RCL, even though the website says only 2. (Total 4 passengers to a cabin)

Has anyone sailed with 2 adults and 3 kids in a cabin on any lines besides Carnival or Disney?

I don't know about the other lines, but I have been looking at a few Carnival cruises in the near future that have let me choose a room for 5 pax. There are only certain rooms that allow it, though.

We needed a caboin for 5 as well - we went with Carnival, but were told that due to new fire restrictions - they no longer have cabins for 5. We ended up booking to adjoining rooms (one for 2 pax, one for 3 pax)- on paper we put one adult in each room - but DH and I will be in one room and the kids will be in the other - with the door connecting them open at all times....

You don't get a discount for booking two kids in their own cabin. They will pay the full per person fare. That's the drawback with booking kids in their own cabin---no discounts.

I investigated further and found out the max 4 per cabin limit isn't Carnival wide, but only certain ships. You still can put 5 in one cabin on some ships, which will be important for people with younger children to know I think.

I researched and finally found us a cruise we liked - although driving four hours extra to get to - that we could put 5 in a cabin......then we went and decided to get 2 cabins anyhow LOL.

Yep, we do have to pay full fare for the kids in their own cabin, but it was only a $140 difference for each kid, $280 total for us, for them to have their own cabin. On a 7 day cruise, the extra room is going to be well worth it.

The only problem is having to book me and my husband in separate cabins, one with each of the boys (must have adult over 21 in each cabin)....is going to be with our Sign & Sail card being our room key. Two of our keys aren't going to fit when we change cabins.

I investigated further and found out the max 4 per cabin limit isn't Carnival wide' date=' but only certain ships. You still can put 5 in one cabin on some ships, which will be important for people with younger children to know I think.

I researched and finally found us a cruise we liked - although driving four hours extra to get to - that we could put 5 in a cabin......then we went and decided to get 2 cabins anyhow LOL.

Yep, we do have to pay full fare for the kids in their own cabin, but it was only a $140 difference for each kid, $280 total for us, for them to have their own cabin. On a 7 day cruise, the extra room is going to be well worth it.

The only problem is having to book me and my husband in separate cabins, one with each of the boys (must have adult over 21 in each cabin)....is going to be with our Sign & Sail card being our room key. Two of our keys aren't going to fit when we change cabins.[/quote']

I'm glad you found one that worked for you. I was going to suggest that other cruiselines (like RCCL) do have 5 person cabins but for some reason you can't book those online you have to call and ask for them directly.

Some cruise lines (Disney, Celebrity, RCCL, Princess) offer 'family cabins' which are extra large and accomodate up to 7 or 8 people. Of course, you'll pay a premium for this.

One option is to book two rooms: two connecting cabins, or two across the hall cabins. Another choice, if you book on a newer Princess ship, is to book two balcony cabins next to each other, and there is an adjoining door on the balconies that can be removed, effectively giving you two rooms off of a big balcony.

Also, SOMETIMES you can get away with booking 5 in a cabin if the fifth person qualifies as an infant, and sleeps in a crib. That's the only time I've heard of booking 5 in a standard cabin though. I didn't know about this Carnival thing. I appreciate that tip.

The only problem is having to book me and my husband in separate cabins' date=' one with each of the boys (must have adult over 21 in each cabin)....is going to be with our Sign & Sail card being our room key. Two of our keys aren't going to fit when we change cabins.[/quote']

Just go to guest services when you get on board and tell them that you need to switch keys. Ask for one key for you child for the kids room and one for you for your room. They will often do this without a fuss.

Archived