Bottled water package?

The water package is only available for purchase prior to cruise, once on the ship water is only available for purchase by the bottle. Ask your brand question closer to your cruise and I’m sure someone just off the Grand could answer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Sailing rom LA it was Niagara & if you’re sailing the Grand from SF it will probably be the same. That’s filtered water & onboard have seen Crystal Geyser spring water available for purchase at over 4 times the cost of the pre-purchased bottled water.

I've seen Crystal Geyser the most often but it changes depending on where the ship restocks. IME, if I order 24 bottles, they will usually only bring 12 and leave a card for the other 12, figuring I won't need it until later in the cruise.

I would have preferred your experience but from Barcelona they stacked two 12-packs horizontally on the shelf above the fridge.

We use a refillable Brita filter 20 oz water bottle to drink the very safe ship’s water while onboard. We prefer to use the bottled water in ports instead of drinking their tap water.

We ordered two 12 packs on b2b 10 day cruises on the Royal in Dec 2016. We were in the same cabin both segments. It was all delivered at the beginning. We put a few in the fridge at a time and stored the rest under the bed. I don’t remember what kind it was, other than not Dasani.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Buy a case of water at Costco, place water in appropriate sized luggage bag (rolling), check bag with water at pier, bag goes to your stateroom. Cost $3 for 40 bottles. No brainer.

While that may be a no brainer for some people driving to ports near a Costco, many people fly to the ship. When arriving by air it’d cost more for transportation to/from Costco which results in it being a no brainer to pre-purchase a 12-pack of bottled water from Princess.

I primarily drink the ship’s water but prefer the convenience of having a few bottles for ports without bringing a case of water from Costco.

Used to be we could pre-order a case of 24 and then later order again. Not anymore I guess. Along with some spirits and wine I pre-ordered a case (24 bottles, for around .50 a bottle) for our mini-suite on our Jan. 22 sailing, Pacific Princess.

Upon embarkation I found everything in order except the water was only half a case. I asked why. They said the water was complimentary. Room Stewart pointed out that our free mini-bar setup included two free bottles as well. Thank you very much.

Then, later in the voyage I ordered more water, a case of 24, they said no can do, you have to buy it now by the bottle, $2.00 per. Reason--they said, was that I had to pre-order water to get a case. I said, I did, but you gave me a half case for free instead. They said, we are all out of half cases?---Never mind.

While that may be a no brainer for some people driving to ports near a Costco, many people fly to the ship. When arriving by air it’d cost more for transportation to/from Costco which results in it being a no brainer to pre-purchase a 12-pack of bottled water from Princess.

I primarily drink the ship’s water but prefer the convenience of having a few bottles for ports without bringing a case of water from Costco.

+1 +1 +1

Spot on!!

Even when we embark in the port of SF, right out our back door, we still like the convenience of just having the bottled water brought to our stateroom. It is much easier for us to pack light if we don't have to lug a case of bottled along with us.

Thanks for being the voice of choice and reason. $7 for a case of water is not going to kill us, but lugging it in our luggage just might. LOL!

agree that a case may be excessive and not practical. I do however, find that Princess is taking advantage of passengers. Anyone can bring bottled water onboard at any port. Why let the cruise line dig in your pocket yet another time.

Sweetie, you either pay Princess or you pay a store. You seem to be misunderstanding that the price Princess charges for the 12-pack is very competitive with what you'd pay at the grocery or Target.

And a lot of passengers simply cannot manage the logistics of a shopping trip on their way to the port. Just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone.

regarding purchasing water on shore and hauling on board to save $5-6 dollars.

We are spending over $10,000 on our cruise for 28 nights, cost of balcony, internet, gratuities, excursions, medical insurance, etc.

if i want to save money, I should cancel my cruise and stay home. The cost of our cruise is 3 months of staying at home costs.

some things are not worth the hassle. I am bringing 20 paperback books that I plan to read and leave behind in the library. Spent over $100 for the books, but enjoy reading, relaxing and holding a book

I did spend $20.70 for 3 cases of water. It did not break the bank - no brainer

+1 +1 +1

Spot on!!

Even when we embark in the port of SF, right out our back door, we still like the convenience of just having the bottled water brought to our stateroom. It is much easier for us to pack light if we don't have to lug a case of bottled along with us.

Thanks for being the voice of choice and reason. $7 for a case of water is not going to kill us, but lugging it in our luggage just might. LOL!

I’m not risking injuring my back to lug a 40 bottle case of bottled water from anywhere. ;)

The cost difference for the few bottles of water we purchase is insignificant to the total cost of a cruise. Several weeks ago there was a big uproar here when a temporary computer glitch made the water package unavailable. Apparently they bombarded Princess about the elimination so we’re not alone in wanting the water package.

Although I will bring some of our preferred wine to enjoy during our cruise but that’s in our wheeled carryon bags. :wine-glass:

There are different ways to define no brainer and mine is to not take a large case of water. ;)

The brand can vary. In January on the Royal it was Niagara.

That's what it was in December on the Regal and in February on the Crown.

Funniest thing was the bartender at Crooners reaching back in the fridge to give a "special" bottle of water. They had changed the N to a V with a sharpie! Got to love those great crew members!!

If we are going to be cruising out of a foreign port (Singapore, Yokohama, Hong Kong, Venice, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Rome), we always purchase several packages of water from Princess. Yes, it is pricy at $8.00 a case, but it certainly beats having to find packaged water in those cities, then, having to transport that water with us to the pier, (we are big do it yourselfers, so we will take the subway or the train or the bus or whatever is the cheapest method of transport to the pier). We do not want to be lugging around water cases. Obviously, out of Florida, we buy it at the grocery store and bring it onboard with us as we usually park our car right at the pier. Simple. So, it is a no brainer for us to have the water waiting for us in our cabin when we arrive. Also, the water that Princess provides ($8.00 for 12 bottles) is bottled in the US and always tastes like the normal water we drink back home.

Buy a case of water at Costco, place water in appropriate sized luggage bag (rolling), check bag with water at pier, bag goes to your stateroom. Cost $3 for 40 bottles. No brainer.

The "no brainer" is to bring a bottle or two with you and refill from the tap. Keep it in the fridge overnight. Its better water than you get from the companies pushing their expensive "brand" water.

Unless you fly. Most airlines charge $25/checked bag (Southwest and Jet Blue are the only exceptions I know), making your $3 case of water cost $28. :)

Seems steep to me. No bueno.