Carnival Pride Extended Balcony

KGEmail

Hi Everyone,

Are the extended balconies worth the extra money? Can you fit a lounge chair on them? Right now I am in a regular balcony on the Pride and am contemplating switching to an extended - but have no idea if it is worth the $80.

Thanks!

I agree with Gran, if it's $80 total, I'd do it, and DID it, but that's just me. We had an extended balcony last summer on the Pride. We got a good upsell offer from Carnival and decided to take it. Balcony is a bit wider, but mostly at the bottom, gives you more "leg room"....a lounge chair could fit I think, we just used the chairs that were on the balcony so can't really compare.

I'm assuming you're asking about an traditional extended balcony cabin (cat 8K-8J) and not an aft extended balcony like picture above? You didn't really specify, but assuming you meant a regular extended, you'll get 2 reclining chairs and a small table, but definately not a lounge chair. The difference is about 15" in depth. If you look at the photo (cabin 7215 Miracle), the dividing panel closest to the railing... that section will not be there. Your extended balconies are deeper than a regular, not longer. 2743923470106530730S500x500Q85.jpg

That being said.. we opted for a traditional balcony on our next Miracle (sister ship to Pride) rather than another extended. The extended balconies tend to be over the section of the ship that has the lifeboats, and therefore your immediate view down is not water. I didn't care for it. Did it make or break my cruise.. no, but personal preference, we're in a regular balcony this next trip.

Have a wonderful time no matter what you decide :)

Thanks for the input! I am going to check out the lifeboat situation. This would all be SO much easier if I wasn't trying to surprise my husband! I could just ask him which he prefers. He is the one that on the first and only other cruise we were on (inside room) said that he really would have wanted a balcony if we ever did it again. I was perfectly happy with my nice dark quiet inside :)

And yes - $80 total, 7 day cruise.

Thanks for the input! I am going to check out the lifeboat situation. This would all be SO much easier if I wasn't trying to surprise my husband! I could just ask him which he prefers. He is the one that on the first and only other cruise we were on (inside room) said that he really would have wanted a balcony if we ever did it again. I was perfectly happy with my nice dark quiet inside :)

FWIW - The extended balcony we had, that I posted the pic of, was a category 8J. We were on Deck 5 (cabin 5128) forward of the ship, putting it forward of the lifeboats, so no lifeboats came into view looking down, was NOT an aft balcony..... views were great while sailing. Seems worth it for $80 if that's Carnival is offering.

You really should go for it. I've heard from others that had the lifeboat preventing you from looking straight down and weren't bothered by it.

I family going on my next cruise has rebooked the same cabin from last year. Hope you enjoy your cruise, whatever you decide. :)

$80 total- that sounds like an awesome deal!

Now, having said that- when is your cruise? While I love my balcony (I leave in 4 days to board the Pride! :D), if I were going during the winter months, I don't know if I would personally pay any extra for a balcony since it will more than likely be cold until you reach Florida. JMO...

Now, if you'll be cruising in summer- go for it! :D

Either way- you'll love Pride!! Have a wonderful cruise!!

Archived