Enchantment Family OV Stateroom-help!

My amazing TA got us an upgrade on the enchantment to cabin 8012, family oceanview stateroom.... deckplans say its 293 sq. ft, BUT her rep from RCCL says its not, its over 500 sq. ft. which is right? of course, not that it matters a whole lot, but im curious.

anyone know?

My amazing TA got us an upgrade on the enchantment to cabin 8012, family oceanview stateroom.... deckplans say its 293 sq. ft, BUT her rep from RCCL says its not, its over 500 sq. ft. which is right? of course, not that it matters a whole lot, but im curious.

anyone know?

It is huge!! Take it as long as you don't mind not having a balcony. We stayed in this cabin in August. It has seperate sleeping areas. One has two top bunks and two lower bunks. The other sleeping area I believe has a king bed. We had so much space for clothes! Plus the couch is a pull out! This can sleep 8!!!!

The best part....two bathrooms!!! One is smaller with a shower (no annoying curtain, just the circular door). The other one was larger with a tub!!

It is a strange shape to the cabin, very long. It is right next to the bridge. We kept wanting the captain to knock on the door and tell my boys that if they didn't behave he was going to turn the ship around....!! The cabin used to be the radio room. You can look out the large picture window, and see the captain on his deck at the bridge! My kids would wave to him!!

If you have any questions, please ask away! It was the best kept secrete on the ship!!!

Terry

Hi,

From the deck plan, 8012 appears to be a cat FO - Family Oceanview. I stayed in one on the Vision (same class of ship) and it was closer to 293 sq ft. Still a good-size room, but only one bathroom. Perhaps the 500 sq ft room is the Royal Family Suite? If so, that's a different category room - you can tell via the color-coded deck plan on the website, with each category having a specific color. 8012 appears to be FO, not Family Suite.

Either way - its bigger than the standard oceanview room, for sure!

ps - I hope I'm wrong and you are in the Royal Family Suite - what a coup that would be!!

Have a great trip

Hi,

From the deck plan, 8012 appears to be a cat FO - Family Oceanview. I stayed in one on the Vision (same class of ship) and it was closer to 293 sq ft. Still a good-size room, but only one bathroom. Perhaps the 500 sq ft room is the Royal Family Suite? If so, that's a different category room - you can tell via the color-coded deck plan on the website, with each category having a specific color. 8012 appears to be FO, not Family Suite.

Either way - its bigger than the standard oceanview room, for sure!

ps - I hope I'm wrong and you are in the Royal Family Suite - what a coup that would be!!

Have a great trip

It is a family oceanview room, not a Royal Family Suite...but I forgot to mention we got Conceiger Club with it! That made it all the better!! It was almost like having a suite, but not quite there! The room is an odd shape, but I have to tell you I never had such privacy from my kids before on a ship!

TW... thanks so much!

why is it that the deck plans say its smaller than that with 1 bathroom? was this room reconstructed even AFTER the stretch?

It was reconstructed during the stretch. I could not get any info on this cabin before the cruise so we had no idea what we were walking into! We were more than happy with it! We did not get priority embarking like suites did, but drinking for free in the CC for a cocktail hour every night was great! Julian was the best!!

Terry

It was reconstructed during the stretch. I could not get any info on this cabin before the cruise so we had no idea what we were walking into! We were more than happy with it! We did not get priority embarking like suites did, but drinking for free in the CC for a cocktail hour every night was great! Julian was the best!!

Terry

And it had two bathrooms? WOW - that's an awesome deal and one I will be taking note of!! We travel with four kids and although the FO was a big money saver, one bathroom for six people was a bit rough...

Thanks for the heads up! The cocktails alone make it worth my while, particularly with the four kids....

2 questions for ya`ll..

first.. why have i seen this cabin listed as 3 different sq. ft's over about 3 different deck plans? on one, its the radio room, but they must have built and re-built this cabin about 3 times!

also bc this was a free upgrade, do u think we probably wont get the concierge lounge? not that im complaining, just curious

2 questions for ya`ll..

first.. why have i seen this cabin listed as 3 different sq. ft's over about 3 different deck plans? on one, its the radio room, but they must have built and re-built this cabin about 3 times!

also bc this was a free upgrade, do u think we probably wont get the concierge lounge? not that im complaining, just curious

Sorry just got back from PTA meeting....I don't know, but I would think so. You will be with all the suites that have that access, that is why I think they give it to you. That is my theory!! Enjoy it! And tell Julian hello for me!!

Terry

Enjoy! I wish I could go back! Please tell Julian hello for me, and if you can find out why he didn't get married in November!! (That was from a previous thread, not sure if you followed it!)

Please let me know when you get back how it was!

Archived