Tour By Van

gumballz

Has anyone been on a tour with Rudy from Tour by Van recently? We booked our tour with him but won't be in Acapulco until October. We were wondering what your experience was like.....so we know what to expect. Plus, we're just looking forward to our visit! :)

I'm specifically asking about Tour by Van, not any other tour companies or people in Acapulco. We're already booked with him and are not looking to switch.

Thanks!

Sunny AZ Girl, I'll definitely post a review about him when I return. I take a lot of pictures too, so I'll try to get some pics that will go along with my review.

Thank you. There is a good chance we will be switching our Sapphire cruise scheduled for April to the Radiance in February if I can get the time off of work. If so, we will be visiting Acapulco at that time, too. I will be contacting him early if that works out. I am sure others have toured with him on this board. Anxious to hear reviews.:)

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Coral Princess - Ft Lauderdale > Acapulco 2009:

REF :- 2 nights stay in Acapulco post cruise:

At first i was apprehensive about booking an independant tour on line ,having first read some reviews and contacting different operaters in Acapulco we ( wife + myself from the UK, + another couple from the USA also CC members ) decided to book a post cruise tour of Acapulco with a company by the name of TOUR BY VAN. I contacted the company by email and corresponded with a gentleman by the name of Rudy Fregoso. He always replied swifty to my questions + concerns and even sent me a copy of his tour operatives licence + insurance. we had transfers from the terminal to our hotel built in our holiday cost with Princess Cruises which we decided not to take as having corresponded with Rudy before leaving the UK we decided to go straight on a tour after disembarking ( not to waste time as we were only in Acapulco for 2 nights ). Rudy assured us that our luggage woul be perfectly safe and that it would be supervised at all times WHICH IT WAS! If we wanted he was prepared to take us to our hotel. True to his word Rudy was waiting for us to disembark at the port, he speaks excellent english and what he doesn`t know about Acapulco probably isn`t worth knowing about. During the tour we stopped for lunch at a typical mexican restaurant ( El Zoritto great food which Rudy recommended ) At no time did he pressure us into anything not even the choice of the restaurant, as he says you decide it`s your tour he will give suggestions if you require but he won`t take you to his friends shop etc ( you know what i mean ! ) The transport he provided was very clean with air con and he also provides compimentary drinks.He took us on a wonderful tour of Acapulco our particular tour lasted approx 7hrs with no hidden or extra costs and you PAY FOR AT THE END OF THE TOUR ,he took us to places we hadn`t discussed in our itinary which we found to be a pleasant and interesting suprise. If you wanted Rudy will tailor make a tour to your requirements.Rudy is very proud of his country and his city Acapulco and is a very informative guide,curtious and can`t do enough for you.I would highly recommend his services and i would definately use his services again no question. In my opinion you cannot go wrong!!!

info@*********.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MaiTaiMary, there have been other people posting about using Tour By Van, but some of those threads have been deleted for various reasons. Hopefully they'll see this thread and come back and post their experiences again. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi CruiserDoc,

I posted something similar recently as well. We have a tour set up with Rudy next month and we're really looking forward to it. When is your tour? Ours isn't until the very end of the month, so you'll probably be back with a review before I am. :)

I can tell you that my experience via emails has been very nice. He's quick to answer my questions and seems to be very friendly!

Have fun and let us know how it went!

We are excited about our upcoming tour with Rudy and Tour by Van! He has been very accomodating for our group. I look forward to our visit to Acapulco, and you can be sure, I will check in after our tour for comments!! Those of us who value Cruise Critic as a resource for our travel needs depend upon accurate, honest & objective, first-hand experience.

We, too, have a tour booked with Rudy in early December and in our experience, the way to judge a good tour is by the way the tour operator communicates with you prior to the tour. Every time we have booked a private tour like this online and have had the very positive and friendly, accomodating correspondence with the operator such as we've had with Rudy, the tour has turned out to be wonderful.

I'm not worried, and I agree with you, op - Cruiserdoc. Nothing wrong with doing your homework, booking, and then checking with others who have done the tour. Sometimes you have to get something booked or you're out of luck. I'll be watching this thread to see reviews. Like you all have said, it's go and then pay, so what's to lose!?

• 2 weeks later...

Cruisingholly, thanks so much for your review on Rudy and Tour by Van! Really appreciated. Can you tell us more about the ruins? We are using him in Dec. and had thought to do a city tour, but maybe this would be more interesting.

Thanks again. Glad to hear it went well for you.

Cruisingholly, thanks for telling us about your experience with Tour by Van! We'll be touring with them next week. We won't be heading out to Tehuacalco, but I'm sure what we have planned will be just as nice. :)

Was it hot & humid when you were there?

I'll be touring with Rudy from Tour by Van next week! I know there are quite a few people wondering different things about him and/or his tours. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to find out while I'm there? I'm not going to grill the man, but I'll be happy to observe things (within reason, of course).

Gumballz,

Tell Rudy that "Wildrob" will see him in 5 weeks!! Cant wait!! Woohoo!!!

Our group of 4 toured with Rudy a couple weeks ago (cliff divers, city tour, Shotover Jet boat) and were very pleased. He was extremely flexible, informative, and made sure everyone had a good time. I would definitely recommend him.

Kevin

I'll be touring with Rudy from Tour by Van next week! I know there are quite a few people wondering different things about him and/or his tours. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to find out while I'm there? I'm not going to grill the man, but I'll be happy to observe things (within reason, of course).

Just have a wonderful time in Acapulco and tell Rudy we're looking forward to see him in March! I'll look for your "review" when you get back. Have a wonderful cruise!!

Karen

Unhappily I had to cancel my February cruise which would have taken me to Acapulco where I would have seen Rudy. I was heading up a large group tour there and had to hand it over to someone else. However, I must say Rudy was so gracious and accommodating to me & our group. I am looking forward to meeting him in April of 2011 when I will planning on finally making it to Acapulco!:cool:

We just returned from the Millennium and 8 of us took Rudy's tour (*********.com). We had a wonderful day with Rudy. His van is very nice and air conditioned. His English is excellent and he went out of his way to make our day in Acapulco special. I would highly recommend him.